Saturday, June 22, 2019

Project Highlight: PH-278 in the Philippines

Due to the craziness of life right now, I don't read my Compassion letters as soon as they arrive. Instead, I set aside time every-other month to reply to all the letters I've received. Responding to this most recent batch of letters in June was such a refreshing reminder as to why we sponsor, and the difference that sponsorship makes in the life of a child. In light of this encouragement, I thought I would take the time to highlight some of my favorite projects, and to encourage you to sponsor a child from the same location!


Earl John was assigned as my correspondent in 2010, so we have had the privilege of corresponding for almost 10 years! He just recently graduated from high school, and is studying agriculture at the local university.


The kindness, love, and care that Earl John has experienced at this project is tangible in his letters, and he has even shared that the project tutors will hold onto birthday cards that arrive early to bless him with them on his birthday!


In the project description, Compassion shares, "[The] staff of [PH-278] provide your sponsored child with Bible studies, medical and dental checkups, health and hygiene education, community service opportunities, special celebrations, tutoring, school fees, vocational skills training, computer courses, school supplies, musical instrument training and choir."


The staff has loved and supported Earl John and his family through hard times, and have faithfully helped him grow into such an amazing leader who serves the Lord.


Currently there are two adorable little ones from Earl John's project. I highly recommend sponsoring from PH-278, as the impact that the project will have on little AJ and Alexis Chloe will be life-long--and you will have the blessing of being a part of that longterm influence in Jesus' name!


*AJ just had his first birthday on April 28! You can sponsor him here.*

*Alexis Chloe turned two on April 18. You can sponsor her here.*


Thanks for reading! And if you are ever looking for a great project to sponsor from, PH-278 is on of the top ten on my list!