We have received 29 letters while corresponding with Cissy, one pastor's letter, two project director's letters (2014 and 2016), and one country director's letter. Her birthday is March 27. Cissy lives with her parents, Bulasio and Milisant, and one younger brother, Amos. Her father works as a security guard and her mother as a laborer.
Project Info and Activities:
Cissy attends UG-508 in Makerere-Kivulu, Kampala
* Home to approximately 30,000 residents
* Most commonly spoken language is Egnglish
* Most common work is work is casual laboring, although majority are unemployed
* Average earning is $18 a month
* Regional Diet: maize, beans, bananas, fish, cassava, millet, greens, groundnuts, vegetables & potatoes
* Common Health Problems: malaria, dysentery, worms, coughs, HIV/AIDS
* Typical Houses: mud floors, cement walls, corrugated iron roofs
Center Activities: Bible studies, health screenings, nutritious food, recreational activities, community service opportunities, counseling, reading and writing classes, skills training and tuition.
Miscellaneous Info from Letters:
* Favorites: dolls, group games, play house, rolling a hoop, walking, hide-and-seek, running, reading, art/drawing, ping pong, jump rope, singing, listening to music, other ball games, story telling, swimming, rice, red, “Baby Jesus I Love You”, Peter, religious studies
* Dreams: to visit Wonder World, to be a teacher
Letter Highlights...
"I love the wedding pictures you such a given to me. I am looking forward to see the baby's picture. I am praying for you to deliver well."
"Last year your former sponsored child come and paid a visit home, bought me dolly and stickers I was so blessed."
"I was excited with all your encouraging words you such a blessing to me and I really value you. Shamim is fine, she has always visiting me. I love you all."
"I am so excited for everytime I receive a letter. Because I am blessed. I am the only Person who receives letters every month. And I seat home and I read all of them."
"Congratulations Juanito from our AWANA graduations. I am excited to hear that you memorized a verse and that you got a ribbon for it."
"The story of the penguins was also exciting because of the wonderful colors, black, white and yellow."
"[T]he message from Shamim I read. I am so excited because she is expecting a baby...I love the stickers and the picture of me and Shamim. I am so happy for the letters you wrote to me, I am trying to pray for Shamim's grandmother."
"We have got a second brother, now I have two brothers. Amos and Tistum Alexander. I love him so much."
"At home I have got a second brother who is now 3 months. I am very happy with my brother and all the family."
"At school, the school is going fine and secondary is not too hard, it is better but there is a lot of fun and I have got new friend, am very happy with my new friends."
"At school we have got our reports and I have bene promoted to senior two... At home our young brother is now 4 months old, Alexander is fine."
"At home everything is ok, my young brother Alexander is 6 months old and Amos is 11 years old so we are doing well...I and my family love you so much."
Artwork
Gifts & Visits
Since Shamim lives near Cissy, so she has visited Cissy a number of times! Their first visit was in 2012 and you can see photos here.
Shamim's next visit was in November 2013 and Shamim had a chance to meet two of Cissy's friends!
Then Shamim was able to visit Cissy's home in January 2015!
And most recently, Shamim took Cissy to her house to celebrate Easter of 2015.
The dress Cissy wearing in her 2016 photo update is the same one she bought with her gift money! Cissy shares that she bought a dress "that I am wearing," 2 dresses for mum, a bag of rice, a shirt and trouser, sports shoes, open shoes, a bag for her brother and she had a little pocket money left! Isn't this photo wonderful?
To read the other posts in this series, click here.







