Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Gildas in Togo

We began corresponding with Gildas in January 2017. I will update this as we hear from him.


We have received 6 letters and one country director's letter while corresponding with Gildas. His birthday is January 29. Gildas lives with his parents, and his mom is employed. He also has a twin brother.

~~~

Project Info and Activities:

Gildas attends TG-909 in Hetsiavi, Tsevie
* Home to approximately 5,600 residents
* Primary language is Ewe
* Most common work is day laboring or subsistence farming
* Average earning is $25 a month
* Regional Diet: maize, beans, chicken, fish, cassava, rice, potatoes & goat
* Common health problems: malaria
* Typical Houses: cement floors, brick walls, tin roofs

Center Activities: Bible teaching, retreats, choir, drama groups, hygiene and nutrition education, physical exercises, service opportunities, tutoring and educational materials.

~~~

Miscellaneous Info from Letters:

* Favorites: group games, soccer/football, running, art/drawing, singing, other ball games, marbles

* Dreams: travel all over the world, visit Dubai, meet Adebayor (Togolese soccer player), help his family to know Christ, to be an advocate when grown

~~~

Letter Highlights...

"About being kind and polite, I have learned to share food with friends and greet members of the family."

"During my dental checkup, I learnt that I have not to break hard things with my teeth."

"I went for surgery and by the grace of God it went well. I am now well and I hope you are doing well. I am fine and I hope you are too."

~~~

Artwork


~~~

To read the other posts in this series, click here.