Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Erick in Nicaragua

We began corresponding with Erick in August 2016. I will continue to update this post as we hear from him.


We have received 6 letters while corresponding with Erick, in addition to one pastor's letter and one country director's letter. His birthday is May 21. Erick lives with his mother, who is a housekeeper.

~~~

Project Info and Activities:

Erick attends NI-198 in Reparto Hamburgo, Leon


* Home to approximately 1,100 residents
* Primary language is Spanish
* Most common work is work is collecting things from municipal garbage dump to sell
* Average earning is $45 a month
* Regional Diet: maize, beans, chicken, bread, cassava, plantains, rice & potatoes
* Common Health Problems: flu, infectious diseases
* Typical Houses: dirt floors, cement walls, corrugated iron roofs

Center Activities: Bible teaching, medical checkups, health education, fluoridation, Bibles, special celebrations, field trips, tutoring, academic reinforcement and school uniforms and shoes.

~~~

Miscellaneous Info from Letters:

* Favorites: group games, bicycling, running, art/drawing, listening to music

~~~

Letter Highlights...

"I am doing good in classes, let me tell you that I am on this football league at the project and I like this sport and I have a lot of friends, and soon we will have uniforms and we will have our toys election."

"I like to go to the project because I learn a lot about God."

"I have learned a lot about Spanish and Mathematics. I have so many friends in my school. I attend to the project...I learn biblical stories. My teacher is dynamic and she shows us videos which I liked Jonah and the fish."

"My family and I are fine, we have been going for a walk where some cousins and a botanic place...Where did you go for a walk this January?"

"Are there forests in your country? Why?"

"I want to tell you that I have many friends at the project and I got good grades and I also attend to the church because I like to praise God."

"I went with my mother to visit my grandmother in a place called C and there are many avocado and mango trees and other kind of trees like bananas. What kind of trees do you have where you live?"

"I received the photo of your baby who is very pretty and handsome."

"How did it go with the hurricanes that came? I and my family and my teacher were praying for all of the sponsors and special you and I hope that you were praying for me."

~~~

Artwork


~~~

To read the other posts in this series, click here.