Thursday, October 27, 2016

Christopher in Ghana

We began corresponding with Christopher in June 2016. I will continue to update this post as we hear from him.


We have received 9 letters, one pastor's letter, and one country director's letter while corresponding with Christopher. His birthday is April 21. Christopher lives with his mother and his uncle. His mother is a farmer.

~~~

Project Info and Activities:

Christopher attends GH-937 in Abuenu, Cape Coast


* Home to approximately 1,500 residents
* Primary language is Fante
* Most common work is subsistence farming
* Average earning is $28 a month
* Regional Diet: maize, fish, bread, cassava & plantains
* Common Health Problems: malaria
* Typical Houses: cement floors, brick walls, tin roofs

Center Activities: Bible studies, health screenings, malaria prevention education, school fees, field trips, educational materials, handicraft skills training and health education.

~~~

Miscellaneous Info from Letters:

* Favorites: group games, soccer/football, hide-and-seek, volleyball, jump rope

* Dreams: to become a doctor

~~~

Letter Highlights...

"Thank you for your prayer and supports. I also thank you for your words of encouragement."

"The cape coast cluster organized a teens camp for all the children in the cluster. And my project also took part in this camp."

"My name was giving to by my parents and according to them, they said the meaning of the name impressed them a lot 'one who hold Christ.'"

"Am so pleased with your research and believe its the handiwork of the Lord which is very special and marvelous, thank very much."

"Thank you especially of the photos of the newly born baby... It is my prayer that, the newly born baby brings more favor to the entire family."

"I am so excited to tell you that I have been promoted to the final class of basic education, because I did very well in my promotion exams."

"My sister has delivered and had given birth to a beautiful baby girl and am glad to inform you."

"When someone take my Bible away from me, I will buy new one and pray to God that the Bible should change the life of the person if he/she is not a committed Christian to bring better Christian life to the person.

A true Christian believes that we worship God through the heart and in spirit, so if such enforcement comes my way I will meditate upon the Lord and sing out when I am in a quiet place or found myself been alone."

~~~

Artwork


~~~

To read the other posts in this series, click here.