Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Bacha in Ethiopia

We began corresponding with Bacha in February 2016. I will continue to update this post as we hear from Bacha.


We have received 7 letters, one project director's letter, one country director's letter while corresponding with Bacha. His birthday is February 27. Bacha lives with his parents, Fantu and Korkineh, and his dad works as a farmer. Bacha has one sister.

~~~

Project Info and Activities:

Bacha attends ET-582 in Dega Gora, Dedougou
* Home to approximately 20,000 residents
* Most commonly spoken language is Afaan Oromo
* Primary ethnic group is Oromo
* Most common work is work is day laboring
* Average earning is $21 a month
* Regional Diet: wheat, maize, & teff (local cereal crop)
* Common Health Problems: typhoid, typhus, HIV/AIDS
* Typical Houses: dirt floors, mud walls, tin roofs

Center Activities: Bible teaching, choir, health education, clothes, supplementary food, educational field trips, environmental protection activities, educational materials, school fees, tutoring, life skills training and health screenings.

~~~

Miscellaneous Info from Letters:

* Favorites: soccer/football, ball games, injera (bread), sheep, cows, the color green, Christmas and Easter holidays, running, jumping rope, fetching water, "God Supports" song

* Dreams: to become a pilot (2016) or a doctor (2017), to support his family, to visit a museum, to meet his sponsor, to learn knitting

~~~

Letter Highlights...
"My family are farmers. I have one sister. I want to be a doctor."

"I have a dog. Its name is Machal...I don't have squirrel where I live."

"I am attending my study in a good way at KG-2. I love you."


~~~

Artwork


~~~

Fun Fact

Bacha and Juanito are just 10 days apart in age! Juanito is having fun corresponding with Bacha and you can read about his first letter here.

~~~

To read the other posts in this series, click here.