We have received 9 letters, one pastor's letter, and one country director's letter while corresponding with Seyefu. His birthday is June 2. Phalan lives with his father and mother. His father is a watchman and his mother is a daily laborer.
Project Info and Activities:
Seyefu attends ET-209 in Ayer Tena, Addis Ababa
* Home to approximately 85,000 residents
* Most commonly spoken language is Amharic
* Primary ethnic group is Amhara
* Most common work is work is day laboring
* Average earning is $20 a month
* Regional Diet: teff (grain)
* Common Health Problems: malnutrition, diarrhea, leprosy
* Typical Houses: dirt floors, mud walls, corrugated iron roofs
Center activities: Bible teaching, choir, health education, clothes, shoes, soap, health exams, field trips, clubs, scholastic materials and school fees.
Miscellaneous Info from Letters:
* Favorites: group games, hide-and-seek, other ball games, soccer, math
Letter Highlights...
"To answer your questions, I have a pet (dog) named "Babi." I have four sheep that you bought [financial sponsor] for me. Their name is Megal, Hortu, Tule and Tefeyba. The last name is because I love to watch Indian movie."
"I will be happy if I can see you in person."
"I am so happy for you are going to have a new baby! I will pray strongly for you! What will be its name?"
"I loved the games of your country. We don't have such kind of plays. We play football, chasing, hide & seek, etc. The plants of your country are pleasing! We don't have such types of plants! Our trees are fir, eucalyptus trees, yellow wood, etc."
Artwork
Extra Photos
In April 2016 we received this extra photo of Seyefu! His financial sponsor sent a gift and he was able to buy teff (grain), pants, sandals, shoes, socks, he was able to pay someone to carry all the teff to his house and his family saved a portion of the money!
And then in June 2017, Seyefu's financial sponsor sent him a birthday gift! Seyefu shared, "Thank you for the nice gift you sent me! My family bought a bedspread and I bought a pair of trousers, a pair of shoes and a tee-shirt. With these clothing I have celebrated my birthday! I am sending you a photo from my birthday ceremony!"
To read the other posts in this series, click here.



