Thursday, September 29, 2016

Fernando in Bolivia

We began corresponding with Fernando in January 2016. I will continue to update this post as we hear from Fernando.


We have received 8 letters while corresponding with Fernando, one project director's letter, one pastor's letter, and one country director's letter. His birthday is June 10. Fernando lives with his father and mother, who are farmers.

~~~

Project Info and Activities:

Fernando attends BO-599 in San Miguel, Cochabamba


* Home to approximately 4,900 residents
* Most commonly spoken languages are Spanish, Quechua and Aymara
* Most common work is work is day laboring, but the majority are unemployed
* Average earning is $70 a month
* Regional Diet: maize, bread, beef, plantains, rice & potatoes
* Common Health Problems: flu, malnutrition, parasites, skin diseases, dental problems
* Typical Houses: dirt floors, adobe walls, tin roofs

Center activities: Bible teaching, hygiene education, social relationship training, art activities, academic support and environmental cleanliness education.

~~~

Miscellaneous Info from Letters:

* Favorites: soccer/football, art/drawing

~~~

Letter Highlights...
"I am the happiest child and really blessed to have you all and your support and thanks for all the letters that you sent me, your card, advices and over all your words of encouragement through the word of God. Every drawing and picture will be always unforgettable memories to me and to my family."

"All my classmates of the Project were very surprised to see how many letters I was being given. They read with me every letter that you sent me and one of them told me: Fernando, I want your sponsor to sponsor me too. I told him: you are crazy."

"I was able to share the gospel of Jesus with my student center classmates. Please pray for me to learn more of the word of God, to preach to the whole world, and to help many people as you do. I will pray for you to come to Bolivia, stay more time and I be able to meet you."

"I tell you that I took a trip of Santa Cruz with my parents to walk around. Santa Cruz is very beautiful. We went to a park and also to a coliseo...Oh, I was forgetting. I moved high school. I do not study at the VH anymore, but at SXX. It is a good high school. My mom decided to move me because in my other high school I did badly, I did not study as I am doing now. I think they took me to Santa Cruz to move me to another school."

"My mom's birthday was on Sunday. We cooked Pique Macho (a regional dish) and we had cake. We had a great time."

"I am learning English and Quechua. My performance in school is regular. I like to share things with my classmates."

~~~

Artwork


~~~

To read the other posts in this series, click here.