We have received 15 letters while corresponding with Dayan, one project director's letter, one pastor's letter, and one country director's letter. His birthday is September 8. Dayan lives with his parents and his younger sister, Katerin. His father works as a mason helper and his mother makes and sells tortillas.
Project Info and Activities:
Dayan attends HO-513 in El Rosario, Danli
* Home to approximately 23,300 residents
* Most commonly spoken language is Spanish
* Primary ethnic group is Mestizo
* Most common work is work is farming
* Average earning is $289 a month
* Regional Diet: maize, beans, coffee & rice
* Common Health Problems: respiratory illnesses, malnutrition, diarrhea, parasites
* Typical Houses: dirt floors, mud walls, tile roofs
Center activities: Bible teaching, medical checkups, health and nutrition education, dental care, group games, birthday parties, school supplies, uniforms, shoes and academic support.
Miscellaneous Info from Letters:
* Favorites: soccer/football, running, other ball games, dogs, John 4:23, lion, Messi, English, math, flying kites
* Dreams: to become a mechanical engineer
* Cuts coffee with his family in the mountains over Christmas vacations
Letter Highlights...
"It has been a great help for me being part of the church and I want you to pray for me, so I can always keep on walking of God's path. I'm really happy to be able to have the honor of becoming a son of God."
"I have a sister named Katerin and I take good care of her and she also attends the project and when we leave, I don't let her walk alone because I have to take care of her and protect her because I'm the big brother."
"I would like it for you to come and meet me in person and that way we know each other better in person and for that I will pray a lot and I will ask Jesus."
"Eric and Hannah my great and dear friends, today more than friends I consider you part of my family. Each day I pray for your family so that you can be blessed, prosper and more importantly to have health. I don't have words to express my gratefulness. I know that God loves me so much because he shows it to me through you."
"My favorite hero is Jesus Christ."
"I thank you for the letters you write with much love and affection. I am happy when when I get letters from you. I thank you very much for the pictures you always send and let me tell you that prayers is an act of our body and means that when you pray for me, it blesses me from feet to head."
"I would like to tell you I have been learning many things in school and in the CDC. We have learned how to take care of our bodies and protect them. We have also learned first aids. Do you know a bit about first aids? Some Red Cross members came to CDC to teach us. They will soon give us a diploma. I am very happy to have new knowledge.
"I want to tell you that soon we will go to a mountain to cut coffee because we always go there when I am on vacations from school and the CDI. Do you know coffee? It is really tasty to try it on the mornings and on the evenings."
"Thank you very much for the letters that you always write to me and thank you for caring about me... I am well thanks to the brothers of the project and I keep moving forward... How are Juanito and Rossi? I thank you very much for the photos that you continue sending me and I want to tell you that I always pray for you and blessing you to be blessed. I say goodbye and I hope you are having a good time. I love you and I send you a strong hug."
"I am happy because God has blessed me with a spectacular family and also with sponsors that look after me, you're like a second family to me. Thank you for sharing with me your love. I love seeing you happy, it makes my heart smile."
"I want to tell you that in church we celebrate the Bible day, it was a beautiful reunion and the project gave us a beautiful Bible and I will cherish it because it is the Word of God alive and effective."
Artwork
Gifts
In 2015, we were able to send some gifts! We sent a Bible, journal, sunglasses, shirt, washcloth and candies for Dayan, a journal, sunglasses, shirt, washcloth and candies for Katerin and soap to share! We received this sweet response in return:
"I want to thank you for the gift you sent me last year. Thank you for the t-shirts, the sunglasses, the stickers and socks. I shared my gift with my sister Katerin because some of the t-shirts were pink. I thank you for thinking of me and also of my family. You are a great blessing to us. I pray that God bless you every day and these blessings are multiplied. I also thank you for taking the time to write me those beautiful letters."
To read the other posts in this series, click here.





