We have received 39 letters while corresponding with Jenny, one project director's letter, one pastor's letter, and one country director's letter. Her birthday is January 21. Jenny lives with her parents, Adam and Ester, and two younger brothers, Rivaldo and Zamson. Her dad is an elder at the church and he works nights as hotel security.
Project Info and Activities:
Jenny attends IO-722 in Kelurahan Oesapa Barat, Kupang
* Home to approximately 9,700 residents
* Primary ethnic group is Rote
* Most commonly spoken language is Rote
* Most common work is work is salt making
* Average earning is $35 a month
* Regional Diet: fish & rice
* Common Health Problems: malaria
* Typical Houses: cement floors, bamboo walls, thatched roofs
Center activities: Bible teaching, health exams and education, medical treatment, nutritious meals, developmental activities, tuition, scholastic materials, library visits, and parenting classes for the parents and guardians.
Miscellaneous Info from Letters:
* Favorites: group games, volleyball, reading, bicycling, yellow rice, meatballs, fried rice, chocolate, yellow, the birth of Jesus, watching the sunrise over the mountains, Daniel in the Lion’s Den, sunflower, Argentina soccer team, badminton, Argentine soccer team, dogs, Bahasa Indonesian, pigeon, sparrow
* Dreams: to see Italy, to meet Justin Bieber & Agnes Monica, to see the biggest statue of Jesus in the world, to meet our family, to be a teacher & a good advisor, to visit a waterfall, a zoo and to climb a mountain, to be a secretary in Indonesia or the US
* Attending university and studying Public Administration
Letter Highlights...
"Praise God, Papa's and Mama's son is born and his name is so beautiful. May I call him 'Little Brother Juan'? Congratulations on the birth of the new family member who is so cute and handsome…I will keep and always look at the picture."
"One thing I wish is to meet Sister Hannah, Brother Eric and Juanito because I miss you and want to see you in person and talk to you. I also have a dream that I've had since I was little. It's to become a teacher and a good advisor."
"I want to tell you a bit about my dream. One day I want to go to Italy and see the beauty of Liberty Statue. I also want to meet Justin Bieber and Agnes Monica (Indonesian actress), who has many talents. I want to learn from them. I want to see the biggest statue of Lord Jesus in all the world because of its greatness."
"I wish to be a successful, wise and creative person in the future."
"I have parents who love me. My parents hope that when I grow up I'll be successful, serve my parents, country, especially Lord Jesus."
"I live near a slope of a mountain, but the view is very beautiful. When I wake up in the morning, I enjoy watching the sunrise."
"I was happy that Juanito will have a sister so he won't be alone anymore…Welcome, little Rosie! You must be beautiful like Mama Hannah."
"I live near a river and I love playing in the water."
"I hope both your children will grow up to be obedient children to you and especially to God."
"My mother always gives advice to me because I am the only daughter in the family, and I become more mature as a teenager who is going to be grown up."
"The story of Darlene that you told me was just great! Mama Hannah, actually it should be that way if we believe that our Lord Jesus always loves and cares for us. We should not worry about anything."
"It is so wonderful that Lord Jesus created such insect like butterfly. I like your lesson about butterfly. I also feel the struggle of a worm while transforming into butterfly which has beautiful wings."
"Now we all use new system in Compassion, don't we? It is easier, isn't it? But I always look forward for your story, Mama Hannah, that teaches me more, and encourages me, and makes me know your family better. It is so fun. Thank you for all pictures and photos that you sent me. I am sorry for this limited space. I cannot write much too."
"I love you, Papa, Mama, and little brother and sister who are handsome and beautiful."
"Happy birthday to Juan and Rosie! Hopefully they grow to be a good child and obey to they parents, specially obey to the Lord Jesus."
"Mom, I am in fourth semester now...I am grateful to get excellent result, because of my hard work and God's help."
"Mama, several weeks ago Hunter and Zamson competed in Taekwondo in the Sports Championship between the District, Zamson got the third place and Hunter did not win. Recently, Zamson with four of his friends joined poetry and music competition in the church, they got the fifth place from ten contestants. We are grateful for that. I also joined preaching competition in my church for the first time, even though I did not win, I am grateful because I can practice my mental bravery and adding up to my experience. Mama, I really like trying new things to get new experience."
"Please give my regards to mama's and papa's brothers and sisters, and also to mama's and papa's parents, especially to little brother/sister Juanito, Rosie and Jose."
"Congratulations for Aunt Sherinah and her husband for having a beautiful son from God. Congratulation for you to, papa and mama, for having another gift from God. I pray that the delivery process is going well. Mama, I like to see sister Rossie grows into a beautiful girl. She is like papa Eric. Juanito and Jose are like you and they are getting more handsome."
"Mama, I am learning to manage my time for the Lord. At 4:45 AM I wake up to read and meditate upon God's words. Please keep supporting me in prayer so that I can do this discipline every day."
"Having read your letter, I can finally ease my feeling of missing you. I really miss Papa, Mama and all the little brothers/sisters. First, I would like to congratulate you for the birth of little brother [Mateo]. He is a gift God just added to you. I pray the little brothers/sisters grow in the Lord."
"Mama, at the moment I am busy with college. Getting into the 5th semester means more assignments and responsibilities."
"I have read your reply to my letter, Mama. It's just great and I am happy. I feel close to you both as I read your letters. Mama, our church spread the gospel in its services on Sundays in each district and we have Sunday School for children. I am involved in the Sunday school youth ministry because I am one of the Sunday school teachers. Please pray for me that I will not give up in doing my service to the Lord."
"Mama, I have been turning to my age of 20 and I am trying to be mature in spiritual and physical life. I am in my sixth semester now and I am working now to find my object research to be done soon... Mama, I am happy for writing this letter and I hope we could meet one day. Thank you for your love to me."
Extra Photos
Jenny also sent us a number of photos in 2016, photos of all her family members and of her church! I shared them here.
In 2017, we were able to send two gifts to Jenny! My good friend Shelley packed the first gift bag, and we received this reply: "Mama, I want to thank you and your family for the gifts I received which are: 3 pair of socks, one body lotion, one notes, two pens, two pencils, two erasers, one plastic pencil case, one bandana, one bathing sponge and one soap. I am very happy to get these things, I feel that I am a lucky child to know you and your family."
We packed the second gift bag, and received this reply: "I thank mama and papa for sending me the gift again, among which are: 18 hairbands, 2 bandanas, 2 stickers, 1 red bracelet, 1 set of manicure tool, 1 set of sewing tool, 2 lip balm, 1 green folded bag, and 1 pencil case. I was so happy to get them all. I will make use of them well. Mama, the first gift mama sent which I have used are body wash and body lotion. The effect is so god, I feel my skin soft and moist."
To read the other posts in this series, click here.





