Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Feraol in Ethiopia

Eric sponsored Feraol as my Valentine's Day gift in February 2013. I will continue to update this post as we hear from Feraol.


We have received 10 letters while corresponding with Feraol, one pastor's letter, two project director's letters (2014 and 2016), one country director's letter. His birthday is September 5. Feraol lives with his parents, Tesfaye and Legesu, who work as laborers loading and unloading. He has 3 brothers, Bereket, Teeguaye and Daniel.

~~~

Project Info and Activities:

Feraol attends ET-203 in Holeta, Addis Ababa
* Home to approximately 54,000 residents
* Most commonly spoken languages are Oromigna and Amharic
* Primary ethnic grouse are Oromo and Amhara
* Most common work is work is day laboring
* Average earning is $18 a month
* Regional Diet: teff (cereal), wheat & barley
* Common Health Problems: intestinal parasites, pneumonia
* Typical Houses: dirt floors, mud walls, corrugated tin roofs

Center activities: Bible teaching, health screenings, shoes, clothing, recreational activities, school supplies and tutors.

~~~

Miscellaneous Info from Letters:

* Favorites: soccer, hide-and-seek, running, injera, Oromo language, cat, Adam & Eve, red, “Des Engalegn”, Christmas, watching birds

* Dreams: to wash dishes, to serve his family, to be like his dad, to be a clever student, to be a pilot, support his family, visit zoos in Ethiopia, learn more about the USA, to learn to play music, become an engineer

~~~

Letter Highlights...
"Pray that I grow well and become a clever student."

"He thanks you for all that you are doing for him."

"I have received and read your letters. I was so glad when I saw my country's athletes and a picture of lion. I am so grateful."

"I am attending my education properly. I am in grade four...Please pray for my education to be smart."

"How are your children doing? How about the newly born baby-boy, Mateo? You may pass my greetings to them, please."

~~~

Artwork


~~~

Extra Photos

We were able to send Feraol a larger gift in 2015 and received this photo with his thank you letter! He was able to buy the chair and pot and the items that he and his mom are holding.


~~~

To read the other posts in this series, click here.