Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Ana in Dominican Republic

We began corresponding with Ana in August 2014 and I will continue to update this post as we hear from Ana.


We have received 21 letters, one project director's letter, one pastor's letter, and one country director's letter while corresponding with Ana. Her birthday is September 27. Ana lives with her parents, Sergio and Ana Cristina, and two siblings. Her father works as a free zone worker.

~~~

Project Info and Activities:

Ana attends DR-309 in San Pedro de Macoris
* Home to approximately 176,700 residents
* Most commonly spoken language is Spanish
* Most common work is work is factory work
* Average earning is $176 a month
* Regional Diet: beans, chicken, bread, beef, plantains & rice
* Common Health Problems: flu, parasites, stomach ailments, colds, fever
* Typical Houses: cement floors, tin walls, corrugated iron roofs

Center Activities: bible teaching, medical checkups, health education, nutritious food, field trips, special celebrations, vocational training and school uniforms.

~~~

Miscellaneous Info from Letters:

* Favorites: dolls, play house, pink, dogs, pizza, playing at the beach, visiting her abuela, fried chicken, chicks, going to the park, art, blue, parrots, playing at the beach, baseball, marbles, ice cream, going to the beach

* Dreams: to get to know her country, attend the university, be a doctor, meet a favorite singer

~~~

Letter Highlights...
"She wants to tell you a little about her… Her hobby is to jump and to hop. She likes to eat everything. her favorite color is pink. Her favorite animals are dogs."

"The girl wants to tell you that one of the things that she likes to do the most is eating pizza… She loves eating fruits… She would like to know: do you like eating pizza?"

"Have you ever thought of visiting the Dominican Republic?"

"I give you so much thanks for your beautiful letters that you send me. I always feel very happy every time I read them with my dad."

"I did very well on my exams. I don't know if I passed from grade since I haven't seen my results. I am going to look for it next 29th. Before taking the exam, I was praying and I didn't know what to do, then God gave me wisdom and opened my mind and I was able to write and then the teacher told me to stop and then I stopped, but I don't know if I passed."

"Thanks for sending me your letter. When are you coming? I haven't seen you personally, just through photos."

"May God bless you, I want to inform you that I have already passed the course and am a meritorious student, I go to 5th grade and I am very happy. I thank God for everything that has helped me to achieve it, because He is always by my side and gives me wisdom."

"When are you coming? I want to see you, I want to see you very soon."

"I have been doing very well at school, where I have learned a lot. I am in the dance group at church, and at school I am a member of the choir, and also of the pantomime group."

~~~

Artwork


~~~

Gifts & Visits

We were able to send Ana a small doll in 2015!

~~~

To read the other posts in this series, click here.