Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Rose in Tanzania

We began corresponding with Rose in February 2016. I will continue to update this post as we hear from Rose.


We have received 12 letters, one pastor's letter, one one project director's letter, and one country director's letter while corresponding with Rose. Her birthday is October 10. Rose lives with her grandmother, who is employed as a laborer.

~~~

Project Info and Activities:

Rose attends TZ-340 in Vinghawe, Dodoma


* Home to approximately 5,000 residents
* Most commonly spoken languages are Kigogo & Kiswahili
* Primary ethnic group is Wagogo
* Most common work is work is subsistence farming or market trading, although majority are unemployed
* Average earning is $16 a month
* Regional Diet: maize, cassava, rice & potatoes
* Common Health Problems: malaria
* Typical Houses: dirt floors, brick walls, tin roofs

Center Activities: Bible teaching, educational materials, uniforms, picnics, recreational activities, educational field trips, health screening and hygiene education.

~~~

Miscellaneous Info from Letters:

* Favorites: group games, walking, hide-and-seek, running, art/drawing, ping pong, jump rope, singing, the story of Elijah and the widow (1 Kings 17), Proverbs 4:13, keeping chickens, giraffes, antelopes and elephants, color pink, rice and beans, stiff porridge with meat, soccer, the Tanzanian national team, biology

~~~

Letter Highlights...
"Bible verse I like is Proverbs 4:13...This verse give me strength and encourage me to have effort on my studies no matter studies are tough because when God is on our side no one is above us."

"I have got from my grandmother who's name is Rose and that's why she said I will be called Rose."

"I want to do the job like you sister Ruthie because is my favorite job."

"I thank God for guiding me in my studies. I am now in form four and proceeding well with my studies. I also request you to pray for me and may God continue to guide and give me strength to study hard."

"My grandmother is greeting you so much and says she love all pictures and letters you sent to me...When I read your letter actually I got much encouragement. I love you all."

"I would like to thank you much for the letter you sent me, I am happy for it and I liked you telling me the news of Florida in the Mexico."

"I usually re-read the letters you sent to me together with the pictures more often, I was able to see the gulf of Mexico, also how it looks in Florida. Your country is beautiful the way it looks with greenish together with different attractions you have. In Tanzania there are wonderful and fun different animal attractions. I love very much my country Tanzania and it is fun of Peace."

"Shikamoo! - you rely by saying marahaba."

"I also like to tell you that I have joined "young life" group which helps young people from the captivity of sin. I'm grateful for I proceed well and I'm now a leader in young life group and we teach the young people about Jesus Christ and we have a camp where the youth dance and sing and learn about Jesus Christ."

"I am happy to get young brother or friend (Mateo). I am very happy. May God give him grace, knowledge and good health and good way that he can know God."

"I get chance to meditate on how God is and thank him through songs which we sing at the center and church. I am the leader of our choir. I am good at singing choir. I really like to sing choir. Do you like to sing?"

"I do have a time to think about great things that God has done in my life and in my studies. I do praise God through songs which we sing here at our center and at church...In the book of Hymns I like the song Rock of Ages."

"In the Bible I like the Bible verse from Psalm 23, The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want. I have completed form four, my expectation is to pass well and proceeding with form five. I believe that God will help me."

"I have tomato and vegetable garden. I like so much to be close to my family while at our garden. Also at our place we have pet Cat. And also we have small cat and I like our cat so much. Also there are big street cats that are so beautiful. Now I hope that my cat will grow and better and big."

~~~

To read the other posts in this series, click here.