Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Jadson in Brazil

We began corresponding with Jadson early in 2015. Jadson graduated Compassion's program in February 2018. While it's always bittersweet to say goodbye to a graduate, we loved hearing that Jadson's plans are to attend the university and to share the gospel with everyone in his life! We also learned that his parents are now living above the poverty line thanks to Compassion's income-generating education!


We have received 13 letters from Jadson, in addition to receiving two pastors letters (2013 and 2015) and two project directors letters (2014, 2016), and one country director's letter. His birthday is August 5. Jadson lives with his parents; his dad is employed as doing general services and his mom is employed as a laborer.

~~~

Project Info and Activities:

Jadson attends BR-417 in Serviluz, Fortaleza


* Home to approximately 18,000 residents
* The primary ethnic group is native Indians
* Most commonly spoken language is Portuguese
* Most common work is work is fishing, but most adults are unemployed
* Average earning is $178 a month
* Regional Diet: beans, bananas, chicken, fish, bread, rice, potatoes & eggs
* Common Health Problems: measles, flu, respiratory illesses, anemia, verminosis (parasites), skin diseases
* Typical Houses: cement, tile roofs

Center activities: Bible teaching, health education, nutrias food, sorts, birthday parties, recreational activities, field trips and academic support.

~~~

Miscellaneous Info from Letters:

* Favorites: soccer/football, bicycling, walking, swimming, running, jump rope, math, surfing, capoeira

~~~

Letter Highlights...

I want to thank you for your love and care. You are very precious to me.

"I'm very happy because I got so many letters from you and your news in you are very special to me. I'm sure that the Lord put you in my life."

"Am waiting for your letter and who knows you can come here to visit me someday. I pray to the Lord bless you and make it can come true. Kisses, Jadson."

"I went to the church and now I'm a Christian. My mother believed 'my family and I will serve the Lord.'"

"I thank God for you remembering me, for your lives and may my Jesus bless you, may you lack nothing and may He listen to your prayers."

"I know that wherever we are, we have to comply with the rules to be happy. I know that the Bible has many advices and rules that God gives us so that we can have a happy life. As for rules, this month we are having the Olympic games and it is thrilling to see Brazil win a golden medal in soccer and other sports."

"I need your prayers to God renews my strength and brings me many joys in my life. Please pray for me."

"May all God's blessing be always with you all! Words are not necessary as my heart is filled with love and gratitude for all. Sponsors, I've kept your letters saved with me with love in a very special place in my heart and mind. I have a great opportunity to get you as my sponsors because you help to keep dreaming...I send you a hug and all my love and gratitude because you have believe in all my potential during this time. With affection, in the Lord's peace, Jadson."

"I am back to the Lord's way and I am sure about my salvation! I am praying for your lives because I know that you love me deeply!

"I'm glad because it was my birthday recently and some people remembered it. I didn't have a party to celebrate it, but I have good health, and I'm in God's pretense, and that is the best gift ever."

"Is everything fine with you? What about the children? And the dragons?"

"Beautiful photos you sent me, all those kids are cute and I like these dragons. At here we called them chameleon, they change color according to where they are. But to have them as a pet, it's a bit dangerous. I am a bit afraid of them, a friend of mine was bit for one, that's why I am afraid, but they are really beautiful."

"I just can speak Portuguese, but I like to see people talking in English. At school we had English lessons, but it's too simple, we just learn numbers and color."

"Christmas is coming and I wish you a Merry Christmas and a New Year full of peace and lots of love. Hugs from your sponsored child."

~~~

Gifts & Visits

In 2015, we were able to send Jadson a Brazilian jersey! We received this great photo in return:

We also sent him a family gift in 2015 and Jadson bought Nike sandals and school supplies:

~~~

As mentioned earlier, when we begin to hear from Jadson, I will update this post with his information!

~~~

To read the other posts in this series, click here.