We received 27 letters while corresponding with Jhomary, one project director's letter, one Pastor Letter, and one country director's letter. His birthday is April 29. Jhomary lives with his parents and his younger brother Jhoseph. His dad is employed as a bricklayer.
Project Info and Activities:
Jhomary attends BO-576 in Villa Israel, Cochabamba
* Home to approximately 6,500 residents
* Primary ethnic groups are Aymara and Quechua
* Most commonly spoken languages are Spanish, Aymara & Quechua
* Most common work is work is bricklaying or vending, although the majority is unemployed
* Average earning is $100 a month
* Regional Diet: chicken, bread, beef & plantains
* Common Health Problems: dehydration, chagas, malnutrition, diarrhea
* Typical Houses: cement, corrugated iron roofs
Center activities: Bible teaching, sports, special celebrations, physical growth monitoring, games and camps, nutrition education and knitting workshops for the parents or guardians.
Miscellaneous Info from Letters:
* Favorites: soccer/football, swimming, listening to music, story of David & Goliath, Sundays, Proverbs 17:17, Tropic of Cochebamba, physical education, religion class, basketball, indoor soccer, tangerines and oranges, pacay & pique (food), playing guitar, eagles, bicycling, group games, jump rope, running, volleyball, walking
* Dreams: to become an architect, to become a soldier, to visit Argentina
Letter Highlights...
"We have beautiful waterfalls in Bolivia; I saw a little one the other day and I really enjoyed it."
"I thank you for the presents you sent to me, the t-shirt is very nice and is my size. Barcelona is my favorite team and I wished a lot to have that t-shirt. Few weeks ago I asked my dad to buy me that t-shirt and he told me I had to wait for that and now I am very happy."
"It's a big joy for me to greet you again in the name of Christ. I am very grateful for the letters and stickers and for all the support you give me and for all the letters you sent. I know that you always remember me. That makes me very happy."
"You are a miraculous story because you are a great blessing and I really appreciate it. I am happy to continue receiving your letters. I look forward to hearing from you. I close now with a big hug."
"José is a cute baby, he's a really beautiful baby. I say goodbye with massive hugs and kisses."
"We practice fustal in the Student Center and we participated in a championship and we won."
"I also want to tell you that I am going to arbitration classes at the Student Center. I am with good health, thank you for caring about me. Everything that you tell me is very interesting."
"The truth is I love my name because it is a combination of my parents names."
"Through your love for God, you love me, and I feel unique and special...I ask you to pray for my family and for me that my heart is available to God."
"On March 19 we remembered father's day, at home we prepared lunch that my dad Jhon likes, I love my dad very much and what I like most about him is that he is very funny and nice, he actually is the joy of my house."
Artwork
Visits & Gifts
Although we have not had a chance to meet any sponsored kids in person (yet!), we have had friends deliver gifts and meet some of our kids! In August 2014, one friend, Helen, brought gifts to Bolivia when she went to visit her sponsored kids and she brought a gift for Jhomary. We received the sweetest letter in return, along with these photos:
And then in September 2014, when our friend Judy was visiting her sponsored girl at Jhomary's project, she "accidentally" met Jhomary! She was able to take some fun photos of him and brought back a video message from Jhomary! You can read the full story here.
Final Letter
Dear Eric & Hannah,
I greet you in the endless love of our Lord. I am very grateful for all the time that you gave to me while you were writing to me and sending me the daily devotions. I enjoyed the games that you sent. I've been at the Compassion Project during all this time. It was a great blessing because I could meet many friends since my childhood until now. I know that some of them left the Compassion Project, but we are still having our friendship. What shocked me the most was the games of the Compassion Project. We shared with other Projects in soccer tournaments and I participated like a goalie. I also learned a lot of Bible stories and Bible principals that our tutors taught us doing all these years. I am very grateful for all the years that you were my sponsor. I thank to God and you for all the support that you gave me during all this time. I encourage you to keep sponsoring other children like you did it with me. You gave me a lot of joy and privileges, so that I can become someone in life. Now I am ready to go to the university. I ask you to guide me with a prayer. I say goodbye with a big hug. May the Lord pour out His blessings on you.
To read the other posts in this series, click here.









