Thursday, August 4, 2016

Danjhely in Ecuador

My parents began sponsoring Danjhely in October 2014. We have the privilege of corresponding with her! I will continue to update this post as we hear from Danjhely.


Due to the fact that my parents' receive the letters, I am not sure how many letters we have received from Danjhely, but I do have a copy of the pastor's letter and a country director's letter! Her birthday is September 4. Danjhely was originally living with her mother, stepfather and brother Angelo, but in 2015, she moved in with foster parents. Her foster father works as a farmer.

~~~

Project Info and Activities:

Danjhely attends EC-473 in Otavalo, Ibarra


* Home to approximately 65,900 residents
* Most commonly spoken language is Spanish
* Most common work is work is day laboring, street vending or small businesses
* Average earning is $150 a month
* Regional Diet: maize, beans, chicken, bread, bananas, rice & potatoes
* Common Health Problems: intestinal infections, respiratory illnesses, dermatitis
* Typical Houses: cement floors, brick walls, tile roofs

Center Activities: Bible teaching, medical checkups, nutritious food, special celebrations, sports, educational reinforcement, and homework help.

~~~

Miscellaneous Info from Letters:

* Favorites: walking, listening to music (fun, romantic, Alex Campos), Chinese food, soccer, walking her pet, fuchsia, math, science

* Due to have a baby October/November 2016, but continuing with her studies!

~~~

Letter Highlights...
"Christmas is a beautiful time here. All streets are decorated with lights and at the main park people decorate a huge Christmas tree surrounded by presents. They even set a manger scene."

"I want to tell you that on this Christmas at the church we are doing a dance and a beautiful theater play referring to this topic which is so important because is the birth our Savior Jesus."

"On vacations I had a good time helping my mother to sell cleaning products, I went to visit my aunt in Quito. I would like to let you know that my son will be born at the end of October or at the beginning of November and it is really exciting for me because I feel how the baby moves inside of me, and its so beautiful to feel him."
"I always pray for you and God cares and bless you because you are special for him and also for me, goodbye with a hug and kiss. Please pray for me and my family and the health of the baby."

"I tell you that in 3 months I will go out on school vacation, my baby is already 5 months old and every time he is more playful and smiling, it is almost impossible not to be with him all the time, he is such a beautiful angel that God gave me and for that I thank Him very much."

"I want to share with you a game that we play here in Ecuador and is called "statues" and a group of friends from 4 onwards can play; first they sing a song that says, "Let's play states, states, states, with Batman, with Robin, I sit, I stop and I stay like this" and no one can move."

"I would like to ask: How can you be married for so many years without give up love like always?"

"Thank you that you always keep me and my family present in your prayers. Thanks for the beautiful letters that you sent to me. You always encourage me when I need it most."

"Soon, we will take the school finals and I will finish junior. My baby is growing more and more every day. He is already crawling and wants to eat. He likes the noisy sounds. He has much interest in bright colors. Soon, he will turn 8 months. I am so sad and happy at the same time because I see that he is growing. God is great and He never abandons us."

"I want to thank you for the very nice letters you send me, and for making me part of your new grandson... I want to tell you that I will enter high school after two weeks. I am very excited and glad. My baby Lenin Jared is already 9 months of being born, he is filled with much energy and happiness. These last months have been many emotions since we are few months away that the baby turn 1 year old. Thanks to God he has not get sick and he has been doing well."

~~~

Artwork


~~~

Gifts

In 2015, we were able to send Danjhely a stuffed bear, Bible, and a pencil case with a journal, lip gloss, and barrettes inside!

When we received news that Danjhely was pregnant, my parents (her sponsors) sent Danjhely a gift to help with the new baby. Compassion is helping her continue with school as she cares for the baby! And we received this sweet thank you letter with a photo of her little son! Danjhely shared, "Thank you for the letter and the gift that you sent me. I'm fine in my studies and thank you because I can study for your help. I brought many things like diapers, cream, milk and other things. I'm in a physics course."



~~~

Extra Photos

In May 2017, Danjhely sent photos! She is pictured with her son, her mom and her boyfriend.


~~~

To read the other posts in this series, click here.