We have received 7 letters while corresponding with Sa, one pastor's letter, and one country director's letter. Her birthday is June 10. Sa lives with her parents, Somchai and Sangdao, who are sustenance farmers who grow ginger and rice on their farm, and with her brothers, her older brother Anusak and her younger brother That-chus.
Project Info and Activities:
Sa attends TH-211 in Kek Noi Village, Phetchabun
* Home to approximately 11,900 residents
* Primary language is Hmong
* Most common work is sustenance farming
* Average earning is $63 a month
* Regional Diet: maize, fish, pork, rice, chicken & vegetables
* Common Health Problems: colds, fevers, diarrhea
* Typical Houses: cement floors, brick walls, corrugated iron roofs
Center Activities: Bible teaching, health checkups, supplementary food, sports, health education, fellowship activities, vocational training, tutoring, field trips, school supplies and computer courses.
Miscellaneous Info from Letters:
* Favorites: musical instrument, group games, soccer/football, walking, volleyball, reading, art/drawing, ping pong, jump rope, singing, other ball games, "the story of Minion," the song "Promise," dogs, lavender, steamed chicken over rice, takraw and futsal, Thai subject, woodball
* Dreams: to be a teacher, to support her parents when they are old
Letter Highlights...
"I can study the Bible with brothers and sisters at the church. The brothers and sisters told me about many things of Jesus. It was very fun. I can read about God too. It is fun."
"I believe in God and learned about Him when I was 4 years old. From then, I've learned more about God and studied so much at the church as there were older students who taught us in Bible teaching. They've read the Bible for me and my friends. I'm very happy to get to worship God and learned about Him."
"I want to be a teacher to teach children. I want to make some money to help support my parent when they're old and cannot work. This is my plan. Thank you for everything you've done for me. You've given mine inspiration to fight. I'll try to do my best."
"My school now had a sport day and I've played in much kind of sports such as rattan ball, soccer, footsall, and volleyball. I've so much fun as I get to play in sport with my friends. The sport day had last for two days and I've body ache. But, my team had won the first place in a volleyball game."
"I get to go work at P Temple along with 5 friends. They have let me clean up the dishes; serve the food, and selling drinking water. It was so exhausted but it's good for me. My employer had paid me 300-400 baht a day which I think that if I work in another place, I'll not get pay this much. Plus I was working with my friends so I felt happy. It's an income that I've earned. I was so proud of myself. At first, I thought that I might not be able to do it but it went well. What was your first job? Did you enjoy it? My dad is growing ginger now. I'm having a final exam then, my school will close for summer."
"Last week, I competed in a sport competition in another province. Good skilled children competed in this. I was discouraged. But I got good scores than I thought at first."
"I always think that who God is. It is suited that I have to praise God. He loves me so much. He always helps me in a bad time. I cry to Him. I believe that God has a good plan for my life always."
"There are insects at my place. There is a cricket too. But I do not like insects, because some insects eat my vegetables. Some insects are lovely. Some make a loud voice and disturb me when I do my homework."
"At the school, there was an activity for two students to attend the contest of dressing "Miss Newspaper," it was made of newspaper. We had spent 1 month to make the dress, but I think it's worth. As my class, we had received the 2nd prize. My friends and I are so glad to be selected. Its suit for the time that we didn't sleep well for several days and nights ,but my class had received the prize. The prize that we got was 500 baht. Have you ever made the dress like this when you were young? It's bringing the paper box and newspaper to make the dress."
"I have to practice to play the sports to join the sports competitions too but I have never forgotten about God. I always pray. When my school first started, there were many things to do. I rarely finished them. I have to allocate my times and I have to study harder for my better grades to apply to the higher class...Next semester I will attend the high secondary school level."
"This year, my father hasn't grown the gingers. My mother's work is about the administration...My family has already finished harvesting the rice."
"My school is a livable school. My friends are nice. English is taught. I like to study with my friends very much."
"I am preparing myself to join the wood ball competition. I used to join the competition. It was very exciting and it was very fun. I was not the winner but I was proud. This time will be my second time...Last competition my team came fifth out of ten. This time, I will try harder. It may not be as good as the other team but I will do my best. Have you known this kind of sport? Have you ever played it? It is good for the old age people to exercise."
"I think I will continue my studying at the Vocational School. Do you think it's good? As the pet at my house, there are only chickens and cows. I don't have a mouse. Did you raise the mouse?"
Artwork
To read the other posts in this series, click here.





