We have received 7 letters, one project director's letter, and one country director's letter while corresponding with Katherin. Her birthday is July 4. Katherin lives with her mother, who is unemployed.
Project Info and Activities:
Katherin attends EC-470 in Carpuela, Ibarra
* Home to approximately 2,700 residents
* Primary language is Spanish
* Most common work is day laboring, subsistence farming, plantation work
* Average earning is $120 a month
* Regional Diet: corn, beans & rice
* Common Health Problems: malnutrition, skin diseases
* Typical Houses: cement floors, brick walls, tile roofs
Center Activities: Christian education program, medical checkups, nutritious food, health education, special celebrations, sports, cultural activities, homework help and academic reinforcement.
Miscellaneous Info from Letters:
* Favorites: dolls, play house, running, teddy bear, playing in the park, soccer, playing with her dolls and toys (especially bathing the dolls, combing their hair, and fixing toys), learning letters, watching movies and eating popcorn with her family, visiting the park and playing with her friends
Letter Highlights...
"I also want to say that I like to ride bicycle and my mother teach me."
"My favorite weather is hot weather... because I can go outside to play with my friends."
"My favorite things to do during my holiday is to play with my cousins and to spend time in the house of my grandma...During my holiday, I like to travel to Quito with my maternal grandmother...I want to thank you for the letters and the photos you sent to me. The baby is beautiful."
"She would love to share with you a little bit more about her family. She lives with her mother, grandma and aunt. Her food is prepared by her grandmother."
Artwork
To read the other posts in this series, click here.





