Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Franco in Bolivia

We became Franco's correspondents in December 2012 and although Franco lost his sponsor, we are still currently corresponding with him since he is now my parents' sponsored child!


We have received 29 letters while corresponding with Franco, one pastor's letter, one project director's letter, and one country director's letter. His birthday is June 2. Franco lives with his mother and he has 10 siblings!

~~~

Project Info and Activities:

Franco attends BO-290 in Batallas, La Paz


* Home to approximately 6,900 residents
* Most commonly spoken languages are Spanish & Aymara
* Most common work is work is in agriculture
* Average earning is $80 a month
* Regional Diet: fish, bread, beef, rice & potatoes
* Common Health Problems: colds, malnutrition, acute diarrhea, intestinal parasites, anemia, rheumatism, dental cavities
* Typical Houses: dirt floors, mud walls, tin roofs

Center activities: Bible teaching, medical and dental treatment, games, school supplies, and reading and writing classes.

~~~

Miscellaneous Info from Letters:

* Favorites: cars, soccer, Real Madrid & Stronguer, math & PE, the story of Noah, Romans 8:28, “No Puedo Dejar de Alabar”, dogs, cats, chickens, pigs, ducks, lions, tigers, bears, blue, sky blue, roses, fried chicken, pork, language, apples, peaches, tangerines

* Dreams: to be a professional soccer player

~~~

Letter Highlights...
"My congratulations on your baby! Take good care!! I know you eat healthy foods."

"Your words are a joy in my life. I am very grateful to you for your advices, because I can think about many things. I really liked to know about your family."

"My favorite subject is physical education, because I like playing soccer."

"When I grow up, I want to be a professional soccer player. I am training hard in the afternoon every day along with my brother, Maycol."

"I like to go the center because I learn about the Bible and God's word. I like to sing."

"I thank you for the nice letter you sent me. My family and I are thankful. I will always keep it in my album as a souvenir."

"I'd like to share the word of God. I also want to share with my cousins."

"In the project I am doing well because they teach me good things about Jesus...In the project I like to sing to God with praises songs."

"At the Student Center we have learned many verses, hymns and praises and then we play soccer."

"What I like the most, is to play soccer and to share. At the center I am doing excellent because I learned many texts and some Bible passages."

"I am going to go to do my military training to be well formed and work well and to have a healthy profession."

"At school, the Plurinational Student Games began. We are training to win the different disciplines; I am participating in indoor soccer."

"I tell you I am working with my uncle, I help him to wash cars because we are on winter vacation from school and I am takin advantage of my free time. At school I am working hard to get good grades."

"My mother is a little worried about her children in Brazil, but we minors make her laugh a little bit and forget about the bad memories and she is happy."

~~~

Artwork


~~~

Visits & Gifts

Although we have not been able to visit Franco ourselves, our friend Helen was able to visit Franco when she was visiting her Compassion kids in Bolivia! You can read about Helen's visit with Franco here!


We also received a beautiful gift from Franco's family, which Helen brought back to the States with her! Click here to see photos!

~~~

To read the other posts in this series, click here.