We have received 15 letters and one country director's letter while corresponding with Ndeleva. His birthday is November 4. Ndeleva lives with his parents, Ngala and Agnes; his dad works as a farmer. Ndeleva has 7 siblings, Catherine, Muthui, Ngala, Ikindu, Mwatham, Abraham, and Julius.
Project Info and Activities:
Ndeleva attends KE-643 in Kakumi, Nairobi
* Home to approximately 5,000 residents
* Most commonly spoken language is Kikamba
* Primary ethnic group is Kamba
* Most common work is work is farming, although majority are unemployed
* Average earning is $25 a month
* Regional Diet: maize & beans
* Common Health Problems: malaria, colds, flu, tuberculosis, malnutrition
* Typical Houses: earthen floors, mud brick walls, thatched roofs
Center Activities: Bible teaching, recreational activities, picnics, social events, tuition and self-employment skills.
Miscellaneous Info from Letters:
* Favorites: running, art/drawing, singing, githeri (food), math, Daniel’s story, Samson's story, red and green, dancing, Kiswahili, Psalm 27:1, social studies, soccer, David & Goliath
* Dreams: become an accountant
* Baptized in 2015 and given the name Joshua
* Above average in school!
Letter Highlights...
"In church I am doing well. I always participate in dancing."
"I would like to learn about the lion. It is the bravest animals in the world. I would like to see it."
"I play the paka and panya game. I like it!"
"I love the photo you sent to me of a shark. I like looking at the fish while they swimming. Even I says when I grow up I would like to go to Mombasa to watch at sharks and that will make me happy."
"I also do many duties in church. I sweep the compound and even I like dancing at the church."
"My favorite Bible story comes from the book of Daniel, this stories when Daniel was thrown into the den full of lions by King Darius."
"I was promoted to the next grade...I was even a student prefect and my best friend is Mbuvimusyoka."
"Now the weather has changed to hope and dry. How is the weather in your country. Also I am requesting you to pray to the Lord in order to give us enough rain so that our country may get enough food."
"In our church we are also going on well. I do many duties. I sweet the church and now I am part of the church choir. I would like to tell you that our church has built a bigger church. My favorite Bible story comes from the book of Judges 13:1-31. This is about Samson who used to fight Philistines."
"In school I am going on well. I learns many things in school. I also wanted to inform you that my prayers had been answered by the Lord. I was position two with two hundred and eighty six marks out of forty nine pupils."
"Our pastor tells us to take time to think about who we worship. We all as Christians know the Lord who made heaven and earth. As Christians we can take time to think who is the Lord and we and praise him for the wonderful things he does for us."
"I like the baby boy very much."
"In school, I am going on well. I performed well in my end of year exam. I was position three with two hundred and eighty nine marks. I request you to pray for me to score over three hundred and above marks. But I thank God because am promoted to the next class.
In the community, we are going on well. From last month the rain have abandoned our community and so the bean and the other crops are drying up. I am requesting you to pray for me and my community.
In church I am also going on well. I does many duties in the church. I sweeps the church and I am also watering the flowers and vegetables in the garden.
In the project, we are also going on well. I does many duties, I sweeps the compound and I also washes the dishes."
Artwork
Recipes
Our staple food in my community is maize and bean. You have asked me how to cook it.
1) Take maize and beans and look if there is any dirt
2) Then take them and put them in water to boil
3) Look if they are read and then put some salt
4) Wait for thirty to forty minutes and the food will be ready for eating
To read the other posts in this series, click here.







