We have received 11 letters and one country director's letter while corresponding with Alexandra. Her birthday is July 9. Alexandra lives with her mother, stepfather, and four siblings, Jens, Catalina, Rosario and a baby.
Project Info and Activities:
Alexandra attends EC-340 in Mapasinge Oeste, Guayaquil
* Home to approximately 9,000 residents
* Most commonly spoken language is Spanish
* Most common work is work is masonry
* Average earning is $354 a month
* Regional Diet: beans, fish, plantains, rice & chicken
* Common Health Problems: cancer, HIV/AIDS
* Typical Houses: dirt floors, cement or wood walls, zinc roofs
Center Activities: Bible teaching, medical and dental checkups, health education, nutritious food, special celebrations, tutoring, school supplies, uniforms, shoes, vocational workshops and computer courses.
Miscellaneous Info from Letters:
* Favorites: group games, bicycling, singing, listening to music, math, soccer, Emelec team, blue, bunnies, parrots, Cinderella, dancing and doing pirouettes, aerial dance
* Dreams: to be a successful doctor
* Allergic to animals
* Participates in karate at the project
Letter Highlights...
"I'd like to tell you a little bit about my dreams. One o them is to be a ballet teacher and a doctor. I want to study hard. When I grow up, I want to help my mother and my brothers."
"My grandma's birthday will be soon, she will be 70 years old. Do you have a grandma? Do you love her a lot? I love my grandma. I ask you to please pray for her to continue having many more years of life."
"I share the gospel of Jesus with my grandmother who is called Mariana...I have fun at school doing sports, playing with my friends, chatting with my teachers. At my house I have fun playing a lot with my brothers, doing homework, and watching my favorite shows. In my free time I love to listen to music and have fun dancing on weekends. I go out with my family to walk to the pool or the park or the sun mall, a shopping center."
"What I like the most is singing, dancing, playing football and my favorite sport is aerial dance. I also like ballet and many other things, I read the Bible in my free time and I say goodbye with a kiss and embrace in the distance."
"I want to ask you, how old is your granny? How is Rossy and Juanito? What is your favorite country? What is your favorite Bible book?"
"I do very well in my ballet training I like to stand on my toes. I think that God brought the world to me with a purpose and that purpose is to study the word of God and teach the word of God."
"I don't like bugs. In my country we have a bug that is called "Hercules the Beetle," I admire it because it is a weird bug...The birds I like to watch are tanagers, they are blue and they have a black peak."
"What languages would you like to speak? What countries have you visited? What is your favorite animal? What weird bug do you have in your country? Where was your wedding held?"
"At the Project I learn a lot of funny things but specially they teach us about God's word and the true path. My tutor is Jordy and he is very charismatic and he likes to participate in all the activities of the Project. When he has to give the reflection he is serious and sure of what he says, he teaches us to move on and how to achieve our goals. My favorite activity are the sports games, the dynamics and the dramas...The school Olympics will arrive soon and I am going to participate with my classmates."
"My parents will take us to the beach and we will go with all my family. Those walks are very nice and fun. I am doing very well at high school. All my friends congratulated me because I got very good grades. My favorite subject is Language. When I am adult, I would like to be stewardess, that's my favorite dream. I am also very happy because I have learned new steps at ballet academy. My sisters and I practice a lot. They also like lots the dance on tiptoe. At the beginning, it was difficult but after, we took the rhythm."
Artwork
Visits & Gifts
In 2015, we were able to send some gifts! We sent a pencil bag with sewing kit, hair supplies, soap and washcloth, and a stuffed animal.
To read the other posts in this series, click here.




