We received 21 letters while corresponding with Magreth and one pastor's letter and one project director's letter. Her birthday is September 20. Magreth lives with her grandmother and two siblings, a brother and a sister. Her grandmother is a farmer.
Project Info and Activities:
Magreth attends TZ-313 in Mvumi Mission, Dodoma
* Home to approximately 6,000 residents
* Primary ethnic group is Gogo
* Most commonly spoken languages are Kigogo and Swahili
* Most common work is work is animal herding, although the majority is unemployed
* Average earning is $10 a month
* Regional Diet: maize & beans
* Common Health Problems: skin & eye diseases, malaria, malnutrition, HIV/AIDS
* Typical Houses: dirt floors, mud walls, corrugated iron roofs
Center activities: Bible teaching, health screening, recreational activities, school materials, monitoring of educational progress, and project involvement for parents and guardians.
Miscellaneous Info from Letters:
* Favorites: dolls, group games, play house, walking, marbles, hide-and-seek, running, reading, jump rope, singing, other ball games, story telling, netball, roses, math, grapes, guava, mango
* Dreams: For us to meet
Letter Highlights...
"I visited Mikumi National parks. I saw giraffe, leopard, antelope, elephant, crocodile, hippopotamus, python, monitor in the water."
"I wish to come there to visit you."
"I finished exams safely."
"I like you to come and visit my country one day, because also we have mountains like Kilimanjaro have you heard on this? Also we have national parks like 'Mikumi' 'Manjara' all this has beautiful animals, not only this we have lakes which are 'Victoria, Tanganyika.'"
"I am very thankful to receive your letters frequently you are good and true family to me."
"Also I love a picture of bears. In my country we don't have this beautiful animals. I did not know about Polar Bear but now I know about that Polar Bear. Is just amazing animal. Also red pandas are very attractive but I know giant panda through cartoons. You have beautiful animals there in your country."
"My parents has accepted the name [Magreth] and it is the female name which we took it from the Bible."
Artwork
Gifts
Our friend Jessi brought a bag of gifts to Magreth when she visited Tanzania in 2014!
And Magreth sent this lovely picture of her with some of the gifts:
Final Letter
Dear Eric and Hannah,
I greet you all in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ! I hope you all there are fine and healthy. We are fine here and we thank God. Magreth and her family are all fine and healthy. Magreth has completed her tailoring technical skills and now is a great tailor. She is a self dependent tailor and sew nice dresses.
Magreth thanks a lot for the cooperation you show to her and different skills you provides to her through letters. She has known about different stories and games from you. Also you support me from the beginning until where I am now. And I am a self dependent. This is a great thing. Magreth says thank you very much.
Magreth's family says thank you a lot and they wish to have nice life and they will remember you forever. Also they will pray for you daily.
by,
Kalunde I.
Social Worker
To read the other posts in this series, click here.



