We have received 12 letters while corresponding with Angel, one project director's letter, one pastor's letter, and one country director's letter. His birthday is March 19. Angel lives with his parents, Patricio and Martha, and five siblings, Maribel, Erick, William, Rodrigo and Cristian. His father works as a bricklayer and his mother sells in the market.
Project Info and Activities:
Angel attends BO-430 in Collpani Neighborhood, La Paz
* Home to approximately 10,500 residents
* Primary ethnic group is Aymara
* Most commonly spoken language is Aymara
* Most common work is work is street vending
* Average earning is $100 a month
* Regional Diet: bananas, fish, bread, beef, plantains, rice & goat
* Common Health Problems: diarrhea, respiratory infections, anemia
* Typical Houses: dirt floors, adobe walls, corrugated iron roofs
Center activities: Bible teaching, health education, recreational activities, homework help, academic support, and worship services and Bible teaching for the parents and guardians.
Miscellaneous Info from Letters:
* Favorites: soccer, basketball, running, fricassee wancayna style, language subject
Letter Highlights...
"I also tell you that we had a tournament here at the Student Center of Compassion, and we played futsal. We won the second place, and they gave us medals. We also had a spelling bee competition, and I won the first place. They gave me a blender, and the second place won the iron, and the third place won a plastic dish."
"And the baby [José] it looks to me so big generally here doesn't born so big and the photos of when you were babies I think are very pretty and emotional to see you of very small."
"On February, classes started and I'm going to the church; during the first days we had so many activities like going to the sport field, making pastry, we made a delicious cupcake with all the kids."
"I want to thank you for the Christmas present you sent. I bought a pair of pants. Thank you for the cards you sent too and for being a good sponsor. I also thank you for the Kung Fu Panda drawing. It is so pretty and fun to assemble."
"I want to thank you for the letters, may God bless the new member in your family, I'll be praying for you."
"I want to thank you for the letters you sent me. I want to tell you that there is only pigeons around here."
"Let me tell you that classes started and the subjects that I like the best are PE and geography. Also, we learn English and Aymara languages. AT school I have many friends. And I like to share with them and do our homework... Let me tell you that at school, I created lifts prototypes and it resulted pretty well. Have you done prototypes? As I did? This year we are starting many projects at my school and it will be very interesting."
Artwork
To read the other posts in this series, click here.




