Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Krishanth in Sri Lanka

We began corresponding with Krishanth in August 2016. I will continue to update this post as we hear from him.


We have received 6 letters, one pastor's letter, and one country director's letter while corresponding with Krishanth. His birthday is October 23. Krishanth lives with his parents.

~~~

Project Info and Activities:

Krishanth attends LK-302 in Nediyamadu, Batticaola
* Home to approximately 9,500 residents
* Primary language is Tamil
* Most common work is work is day laboring and farming
* Average earning is $144 a month
* Regional Diet: bread & rice
* Common Health Problems: fevers, waterborne diseases
* Typical Houses: mud floors, brick walls, tile or tin roofs

Center Activities: Bible teaching, Christian character development activities, health and hygiene education, group games, field trips, basic computer skills courses, musical and cultural dance classes, talent development, counseling and career programs.

~~~

Miscellaneous Info from Letters:

* Favorites: hide-and-seek, art/drawing, rose, math, purple, cricket game, rabbits, okra, Matthew 22:39, badminton

* Dreams: to become a doctor

~~~

Letter Highlights...

"My maternal grandmother is Uma and my maternal grandfather is Somasundaram and my paternal grandmother is Sellamma and my parental grandfather is Antony. My mother's name is Subajini. I have a little brother."

"My favorite flower is Rose and my favorite subject is Mathematics. My favorite color is Purple and my favorite food is Those (hoppers). My favorite pet is Rabbit. I like to eat Okra. I like Lion and my favorite sport is Cricket and I also like Sri Lankan team too. I like to become a doctor...Love your neighbor as yourself (Matthew 22:39). This is my favorite Bible verse."

"I love you so much and I like you too."

"One thing I do really well is drawing. One thing I really like to do is study."

"During free time, I like to sing. One sport I like to play is badminton."

"I got the letter which you sent. I read it. You have written it by conveying your Christmas greetings. I am feeling very happy. We are practicing programs for the concert in the project. All the friends are staying very happily. I am conveying my Christmas greetings to you also."

"I received your letter and I am very happy about it. I saw your family photograph and I am very happy about it and it was so beautiful! I like you so much!"

"We had a Christmas concert in our project and I received gifts from the project."

~~~

Artwork


~~~

To read the other posts in this series, click here.