We have received 7 letters and one country director's letter while corresponding with Gabriel. His birthday is June 28. Gabriel lives with his mother, who is sometimes employed.
Project Info and Activities:
Gabriel attends TZ-319 in Morogoro
* Home to approximately 90,000 residents
* Primary language is Lugulu
* Most common work is day laboring
* Average earning is $8 a month
* Regional Diet: beans, maize, beans & rice
* Common health problems: malaria, typhoid, HIV/AIDS
* Typical Houses: cement floors, brick walls, corrugated roofs
Center Activities: Bible teaching, health screening, medical treatment, personal hygiene education, fieldtrips, recreational activities, school supplies and uniforms.
Miscellaneous Info from Letters:
* Favorites: soccer/football, running, art/drawing
Letter Highlights...
"I would like to tell you about our center and now we have many studies to day we learn about the value of every human being who is created with God and we learn from Psalm 139:1-3 this studies teach us many things and my studies can go well."
"I like to play football."
"Even I like so much football, but I quit exercises because I am in vocational college, pursuing mechanics. God is good, he give me another opportunity to live."
"I like the story of David, the way he killed Goliath a Philistine."
"I am very happy to hear that you have a new baby, I pray for him to God that he will grow well and that you will be able to caring in the very nice care. I am so happy to see his picture, he is so beautiful."
"I greet you warmly. HOW ARE YOU? I thank God for this chance to write a letter to you today. I am doing well in my life. I know you are very happy for this letter I am writing to you."
"I am doing well in my studies here at the center...Your friend who loves you and prays for you, Gabriel"
Final Letter
We received a final letter from Gabriel's project in April 2018:
Greetings in the name of Jesus. Dear Mr. & Mrs. Hinojosas. It is our hope that you are continuing well with your daily activities. We would like to thank you for your love and generosity in caring for this child Gabriel, may God bless you so much for the work done. We are sad to inform you that we can no longer be with this child because of absenteeism. Apart from all the efforts done but with no avail. We hope God will give you strength and comfort during this hard time and may you have another child to take care. May God bless you so much for your heart. Thank you for the nice loving letters to Gabriel. Thank you for the gifts you sent to him which helped to buy different things. Thank you so much and God multiply where you lack.
To read the other posts in this series, click here.
