Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Daniella in Haiti

When Arun's project closed in 2016, we asked Compassion to find us a child with about 6 months remaining before graduation. They found Daniella for us! In her 17 years enrolled in Compassion she had only received 5 letters. We sponsored Daniella through her graduation from Compassion's program in May 2017.


We have received 3 letters while sponsoring Daniella, and we received one pastor's letter. Her birthday is April 3. Daniella lives with her parents, who are farmers, and she has three siblings: older brother, Saintilien, older sister, Rosena, and younger sister, Evenel.

~~~

Project Info and Activities:

Daniella attends HA-309 in Gonaives
* Home to approximately 9,000 residents
* Primary language is Creole
* Most common work is mal herding or plantation work, although majority are unemployed
* Average earning is $10 a month
* Regional Diet: beans, bread, maize & plantains
* Typical Houses: dirt floors, brick walls, corrugated iron roofs

Center Activities: Bible teaching, camps, retreats, health and hygeine education, vaccinations, talent development, community service opportunities, mentoring programs, educational assistance, tutoring and vocational training.

~~~

Miscellaneous Info from Letters:

* Favorites: group games, walking, jacks, hide-and-seek, reading, jump rope, singing, listening to music, story telling, fruit and chocolate, pink and green, soccer, math, chicken and dog (pets)

* Dreams: to be a nurse or a lawyer after she graduates high school, to be a successful person, to sponsor a child in the future

~~~

Letter Highlights...

"What is your occupation? Do you like other pets? What is your favorite hobby? Do you love God very much?"


"I am overjoyed to write you this letter. I am greeting you in the name of Jesus who is powerful."


~~~

Final Letter

Dear Eric and Hannah,

Today, I am so pleased to communicate with you. I am greeting you in the precious name of Jesus who is powerful. By the way, how are you? How is your family? As for me, my loved ones and I are doing very well thanks to God.

I am so proud because I have you as my sponsor. Thank you for your love and supports. I am so happy every time I get the chance to write you. The letter you sent please me. Also, the commandments you shared pleased me. With God's help I trust that I will continue to obey the commandments.

Last week, I celebrated a great feast; Easter Day. I do like this celebration. Do you celebrate it over there?

There is a Bible verse I want to share with you; Colossians 3:3. Thanks for your prayers. Please, keep praying so that God can keep me and to obey Him in everything and to live for Him in order to please everyone and myself. I love you very much in Jesus' name. I will be praying so that God can continue to bless you in everything you are undertaking and that He can keep you safe everywhere you go. I pray that God pour every kind of blessings over you and your whole family! Pease and blessings from God to you!

Daniella


~~~

To read the other posts in this series, click here.