Wednesday, October 24, 2012

A Demonstration of God's Kindness

I just wanted to share a beautiful example of God's kindness in our lives. My former sponsored child, Shamim, and a dear sister to me, is currently working on her bachelor's degree in Uganda. Recently, she expressed a need for a laptop and asked if she could wire me money so I could buy it for her (since she could get more for her money if she bought one in the States). My dad offered to buy it for her as a graduation gift, and so he bought the laptop plus some accessories. Eric and I were then able to find a laptop bag and my mother-in-law donated a digital camera! We were so excited to have all these gifts for Shamim. Here's a photo of my beautiful sister, Shamim.


But then the question arose, what is the best way to get them to Uganda? I was scared to mail them, for fear of the laptop being stolen. That's when Shamim's friend, Alex, who is currently in the States, offered to bring them back to her. Alex is researching at Fanwood School for the Deaf in New York but will be returning to Uganda in December. We were also able to give him a digital camera!

It gets even better, though--we have a new sponsored child in Uganda. Her name is Cissy. Cissy's Compassion project is close to where Shamim's Compassion project was! So I asked Shamim if she'd be willing to bring a doll to Cissy, and she said she'd be happy to! So, I was able to include a doll for Cissy. And, Shamim was able to meet Cissy's project director a few weeks ago! She hasn't met Cissy yet, but hopefully when the doll arrives, Shamim will be able to give it to her in person (and take a photo!!). Here's a photo of Cissy.


I just wanted to share with you this story because to me, it's an evidence of God's kindness and work in our lives. He provided all the supplies for Shamim, a person to bring them to her, and to top it off, allowed us to send Cissy a gift too! These are not necessities of life…but God worked out all the details.

Please, though, be praying for Alex--that he's able to get everything to Uganda without mishap. I'll keep you posted on how everything goes and hopefully, I'll be able to show you photos of Shamim and Cissy when she gets the camera!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! This is an amazing story! God is working in amazing ways. A laptop and camera for Shamim and a doll for Cissy. How wonderful that your sponsored children (even though Shamin is not exactly a child anymore :) ) will be able to meet each other!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kayla!! I can't wait until they meet each other!! It's such a blessing!!!

      Delete