THE COMPASSION TOWARDS MY WAY FORWARD
I am born to the family of late Mr. Sikaka K. and Mrs. Namayanja Robinah B. both who were Ndeeba market venders. Iam the third born together with five other siblings in the family. At the age of two years, I was brought to my grandmother at Kabubbu – Nakaseke to take care of me after the death of my father which had resulted into family distabilisations. That is where I got chance to be enrolled to compassion programme. I was enrolled to compassion in 1998 and this was a great opportunity and a blessing for me and my family because it indicated that God had opened the door and way forward to my future.
As Compassion registered children, we were always given essentials such as jerry cans, beddings, school expenses and above all Christian training through bible studies and scripture distribution. Therefore, my life absolutely free of change because by the time of registration, I was among the children from the poorest families since my grandmother was a peasant and that is what compelled me to say that God opened the door for my future through Compassion.
Under Compassion’s scholarships, I was able to attend St. Jude Kabubbu primary school from 1998 – 2000 but unfortunately at the end of 2000; I got mumps infections which resulted into loss of hearing sense “bilaterally” at the age of nine years!!!!
Life became hard as a result of hearing loss, my performance in class began to decline even though I was a bright pupil when I was still hearing and the worst of all was communication barrier.
In 2001, I was transferred to Luwero boys special needs school from 2001 – 2004 where I learnt abit how to communicate in sign language and my performance in class began improving. Then in 2005, I was again transferred to Uganda school for the deaf where I completed my primary leaving examinations and I was the second best and the best girl of the year in the entire school!!!
For secondary level, I joined Ngora High school for ordinary level from 2006 – 2009 where I completed Uganda certificate of education (UCE) and made it to advanced level. In 2010, I joined Wakiso secondary school for the deaf for advanced level and studied history, Economics, Geography and Divinity and I completed Uganda advanced certificate of education (UACE) in 2011. I was able to complete all these levels through compassion’s scholarship.
At the advanced level, I was the best art student and second best following the best who studied sciences in physics, Economics, Mathematics and fine art and we were only two in the whole class who made it to the university in the entire school. We are both on Government scholarship through Affirmative action scheme for students with disabilities.
I am doing Bachelor of Science in Accounting and finance where as my friend is doing Bachelor of art and Industrial Design both of us in Kyambogo University – Uganda. BRAVO!!! JOHN 14:14.
It would be a shame if I do not thank God who brought me to compassion and making me ascertain. I believe I was divinely appointed to compassion through God so I can not forget to thank God for this opportunity.
My gratitude also goes to Mrs. Hannah H. for having a compassionate heart to sponsor me at all levels up to the time of completing the programme (graduating from compassion). Thank you very much, may God bless you abundantly. Hannah H. did not only sponsor me financially but also spiritually which has strengthened my spiritual enrichment
Also I can not forget to thank compassion project staff for the tremendous role they did to help me during this journey in form of spiritually, morally and financially.
Also I thank my grandmother who restored hope in me, took me to New hope and got registered to compassion and above all taught me to be positive morally and God fearing.
I also thank my mother and other relatives in whatever they contributed towards this journey.
Further more, I want to thank my friends especially the fellows registered from Wakayamba child development center for their encouragement, guidance, advice and prayers which made me assertive and hence contributed towards this journey.
Thank you all God bless you abundantly.
Lastly, I am now on government sponsorship doing Bachelor of Science in Accounting and Finance - Kyambogo University BRAVO!!!
BY SHAMIM N.
2011 compassion graduate from wakayamba child development center UG 507.
Wednesday, October 31, 2012
Shamim's Story
Shamim wrote out her story and gave me permission to share it here. I hope it inspires you to sponsor kids! And I hope it encourages those of you who are sponsoring.
Labels:
Compassion,
Graduates,
Shamim,
Uganda
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Thanks for sharing your story Shamim! We have prayed for you, especially when you were applying to the University and it makes me so happy to read this story in your own words. God indeed had a plan for you and has so clearly been seeing it though.
ReplyDeleteJoy, thanks for your comment!! I emailed it to Shamim!
DeleteWow, thank you for sharing this. God is just so BIG and so AMAZING! This story really encourages my soul and makes me so grateful to God. Thank you Jesus!
ReplyDeleteAmen!!!
DeleteThank you, Hannah for sharing! Priceless. Wow. So very encouraging!
ReplyDeleteMuch love
I'm glad you enjoyed it!!
Delete