Friday, November 23, 2012

A Visit to Colombia

My friend, Kristen, sponsors a little boy, Jhon, from the same project as our Valeria.


So when she knew that she was going to be able to visit the project, she offered to bring gifts for our Valeria. I was so excited to be able to send Valeria gifts! I bought her a doll, a purple Bible (it's one of her favorite colors), some markers, and some jolly ranchers to share with her family. I also sent one of those cool fold up bags. Well, yesterday, on Thanksgiving, Kristen was able to visit Valeria's project and give her the gifts! So we have beautiful photos, thanks to Kristen!





But this story gets better--Valeria's mom was there, so Kristen was able to get a photo of Valeria with her mom! I love being able to see photos of my kids' family members...it reminds me to pray for her mom and next letter I want to include a note to her mom.


But it's not over yet... Kristen got permission from Compassion to call me and so I got to speak with Kristen, Valeria and Valeria's mom!!! First, I spoke with Valeri and asked her how she was. She said she was good and thanked me for the gifts. She also said "hola" to Juanito and asked how old he was! Juanito was looking around for the voice and tried to grab the phone. Then I asked if she was on break and she said that she is (it turns out, their break doesn't start until the 26th but that she got today off to be at the project for Kristen's visit). Then she told me that she loves me very much! And I told her that I loved her and we said good-bye.


Next I spoke with Valeria's mom. She told me thank you for sponsoring Valeria and I was able to share that it is a blessing for us and that we love her family. She asked when we were coming to Colombia to visit Valeria and I answered by saying we have an 8 month old baby, so not soon. She said to come visit someday! (I hope we can!) Then she said to say hello my husband and the baby. And I sent my greeting to her husband. And we parted by saying God bless and chau.


After speaking to Valeria and her mom, Kristen told me that Valeria is 2nd in her grade! I am so proud of her! I have this great photo of Valeria with Kristen too...what a blessing.


Just wanted to share my exciting news! I never would have imagined being able to do anything like this when I started sponsoring. We serve a good God!

10 comments:

  1. Oh wow! This is just amazing! It shouldn't surprise me that this would happen because our God is amazing!!! And he knows your heart Hannah and how much you love your sponsored children so I am just so happy for you that God blessed you in this way. Loved reading this and seeing your pictures. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! Our God is amazing, that's for sure!!!! I hope that someday you'll get to send gifts to your Nataly :)

      Delete
  2. I agree with Brandi's WOW! She is a beautiful girl and she definitely sounds like a smarty pants! I am happy that you were able to send gifts and talk to you her on the phone. What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kayla!! It was such a blessing!!! Beyond what I ever imagined :)

      Delete
  3. That's fantastic, I love hearing these stories, I hope one day to have one myself!
    Valeria is beautiful:)

    http://mysponsoredchildren7.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that you do too!!! I never would have thought that I'd have this opportunity...so you never know what God will do :) And thanks, I think she's beautiful too.

      Delete
  4. This is just priceless - the opportunity to speak to her on the phone and also the photos. I love the extra, unofficial photos - I got some of Dominic in Kenya earlier this year when another sponsor delivered a gift to him and the photos are just treasures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was priceless!! The unofficial photos are such a treat. That's so neat that you got some of Dominic earlier this year!! I think the unoffical photos show so much character...I bet you were able to see some of Dominic's personality through them!

      Delete
  5. I love this post! Valeria is such a sweetheart and I can't wait to (someday) see her again!! Thanks for the shoutout! haha!
    -Kristen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do get to see her again!! And maybe someday I'll get to meet her and Jhon! That would be amazing!!

      Delete