
If you want to read more about the history, education and other information, read Compassion's page on El Salvador.
Compassion asks that we pray for two things for these kids here:
1) Please pray for the fathers, mothers and caregivers who are facing unemployment in light of the economic crisis. May the Lord be faithful to provide jobs for them. May they witness the kindness and greatness of the Lord during this time.
2) Please pray for our child development center workers, pastors and churches in violent areas. Pray the Lord's peace will surround them as they work on His behalf, and may His strength and mighty protection go with them in everything they do.
And for some beautiful photos of Ecuador, check out Compassion's Flickr album here.
COMPASSION IN EL SALVADOR

If you want to read a thorough description of Compassion's work in El Salvador, read their ministry highlight here. These are my favorite summaries of Compassion at work in each country!
If you want to know what life is like for a kid in El Salvador, check out this post: Life in El Salvador.

Watch this video on the Compassion staff in El Salvador and how modern technology allows their staff to receive better training!
And enjoy this post on the letter-writing process in El Salvador: Letter Writing: An Investment of Time and Love.

Have you ever thought about how easy it is to get safe drinking water at your home? For kids in El Salvador it is not so easy--How Far Would You Go to Fetch Safe Drinking Water?

And check out this story of the church where project ES-882 is located: Battalions of Evangelism Bring the Gospel to San Marcos, El Salvador.

And check out this post on the Leadership Development Program: Getting it Started in El Salvador.

If you wonder what Compassion's Complimentary Interventions programs do in El Salvador, read this post: School for Parents.
INDIVIDUAL STORIES
I highly recommend reading Milagro's beautiful story: God is Faithful (Milagro, the Miracle).

And enjoy this video about Moises and his experience with Compassion.
There is an encouraging story about a sponsored girl, Cindy, and how God used the sponsorship program to work in her whole family: Hardworking and Blessed.

Check out Walter's story and how Compassion is using soccer to reach kids: The Next World Cup All Star?

And enjoy Rosario's story: The Piñata Maker.

Meet Zulma and read about how the Child Survival Program has affected her life: One Mom's Deep Spiritual Hunger.

Here's an interview with Kenia Servellon, a supervisor in the Sponsor Donor Department of Compassion in El Salvador: 10 Questions With Kenia Servellon.

There was a bloggers trip to the El Salvador. You can read all the Compassion blogger's posts here. But I went through and found my favorites for you! So check out the posts below:
Remembering the View from Here:
I have a blog because my brain stopped cooperating with me sometime in college: a possible side-effect of one too many late night Route 44 cherry vanilla Dr.Peppers from Sonic study enhancers. For instance, I remember a younger (less gray) skeptical me taking a trip to see the ministry of Compassion International for myself and coming home a different person. But, thanks to my blog and its handy dandy search function, I know that trip was in August of 2005...
El Salvador Day 2:
So - frankly - I came this week and my mindset was that I felt a little guilty asking any of you to sponsor a child. I know we are in a recession. I know a lot of you have lost your jobs and possibly even your homes. I know a lot of you are struggling financially and asking you to sacrifice to sponsor a child - maybe it was too much. I try to be sensitive to the fact that a lot of you might not be in a great place right now...
Child Survival Program:
This morning we visited another project. We were met by a whole new group of very loving kids! Seriously - I don't need to be hugged when I get home for a good year - I've gotten so many hugs and kisses! (Just kidding - I'm totally becoming a HUGE hugger after this trip!) Today I want to share with you about a different part of Compassion. This is called CSP - Child Survival Program and I'm very glad to have seen this in action today...
Mom to Mom:
I was trying to think about one story I could tell you to really affect you. One thing I want you to know about Compassion and El Salvador and about my trip. One thing I wanted to leave you with. And I couldn’t come up with just ONE story because I have seen so much this week. But I can tell you what I think the one thing that has struck me the most. And I can tell you that two years ago – I could have come on this trip and felt completely different...
The Fishermen's Field:
Warning: I’m not in El Salvador anymore but there’s plenty of El Salvador left in me itching to come out. Unlike the bloggers on our trip, I didn’t have the time to write much while we were in El Salvador. So, if you’re burned out on the subjects of poverty, kids, hope and hurricanes, you might want to stop reading my blog for a few days. I’ve got some stories to tell...
Praying for My Family:
In the first year of our relationship Yanci asked me in a letter to pray for her Dad because he needed help. What kind of help? I thought. Is he OK? Is there something more I can do than pray? On the bus last week I asked Yanci’s mom what that prayer request was all about. “I’ve been praying for him for four years now and I don’t why. I don’t know if God’s already answered my prayers.” Her face broke into a huge grin as she told me the story through a translator...
FOOD
Compassion's website shared this Ecuadorian recipe:
Corn and black beans are the daily diet of most families. Families also like to snack on pupusas (corn cakes filled with chopped meats, beans and spices).
Sautéed Plantains
2 very ripe plantains
1 jalapeno chili seeded and sliced in thin rings
2 Tb. butter, more if needed
1/2 cup sour cream, room temperature
Peel plantains and cut into quarters. Cut each quarter in half lengthwise. Sauté plantains and chilies in butter over medium heat, turning frequently. Remove when browned. Drizzle sour cream over plantains. Serves four.
SPECIAL OCCASIONS
Check out this post about Easter in El Salvador!

And here's a post on Celebrating Christmas in El Salvador. And a second Christmas one: It's Christmastime in El Salvador.

AVAILABLE KIDS
Please be praying for the kids of El Salvador who are still waiting for sponsors.
Update: Wilber has been sponsored! Meet Wilber, who's 7 and who has been waiting 277 days for a sponsor.

Wilber's birthday is September 13. He lives with his parents and one sibling and his parents are employed as laborers. Wilber enjoys soccer, playing with cars and bicycling. Wilber is responsible for making beds, running errands and cleaning. To sponsor Wilber, click here.
Update: Ingrid has been sponsored! Meet Ingrid, who's 5 and who has been waiting 247 days for a sponsor.

Ingrid's birthday is May 15. She lives with her parents and 2 siblings. Her dad is employed as a farmer and her mom as a laborer. Ingrid enjoys playing house, playing with dolls and running. Ingrid is responsible for washing clothes and cleaning. To sponsor Ingrid, click here.
Update: Astrid has been sponsored! And meet Astrid, who's 7 and who has also been waiting 247 days for a sponsor.

Astrid's birthday is April 21. Astrid lives with her parents and 4 siblings and her dad is employed as a laborer. Astrid enjoys hide-and-seek and baseball. And Astrid is doing above average in school! Astrid's chores include caring for children, running errands and cleaning. To sponsor Astrid, click here.
To see more available kids from the El Salvador, please click here.
(Note: all facts & photos are taken from Compassion's website and blog.)