Monday, August 5, 2013

Mail Call Monday

Two weeks ago we went on a trip to Texas and upon our return we found a number of letters! We've received 6 letters in the past two weeks...so I'm joining up with Blogging from the Boonies for Mail Call Monday! Since there are so many letters, I'll just summarize each one.

Mail Call Button

We heard from Jose, who's 12 and from Mexico.


Jose shared that although he isn't getting perfect grades, his grades have been improving! He asked us what it's like where we live and he shared, "Here it is not nice because in the mornings it freezes and I have to wear a jacket so I won't get sick." It sounds like he doesn't like cold!

And here's his artwork:


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This next one is from Oscar, who's 17 and from Guatemala.


Oscar's letter was very encouraging! In his previous letter, he had asked us to pray for God to provide him with clothes. We had recently sent him a monetary gift, so we heard in this letter that he was able to buy pants, a few t-shirts, shorts, underclothes and socks!

He also shared that currently he's working as a waiter to support his family. And he shared that his best friend, Luis, is also a waiter and Luis taught Oscar how to be a good waiter. Oscar said that they like to go to church together when they don't have to work. It's so encouraging to know that Oscar's best friend encourages him in church!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dinesh, who's 12 and from India, also included a beautiful drawing with his letter.


Dinesh shared that he got new books at school and he asked us if we like reading! He also shared that he attended VBS at his center.

Here is his drawing:


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We heard again from 12-year-old Christiana from Ghana.


Christiana said that she learned how to wash at the project and that she used to be unable to wash at home. It's fun to hear how the project is helping her life change! Christiana also shared Acts 16:31, "So they said, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household.”"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We received our first letter from Nicole, who's 12 and from the Dominican Republic!


Nicole's letter was addressed to her financial sponsor, but she thanked us for the letters! She said that she's in 6th grade and asked for prayers to pass. Nicole also asked us to tell her about our kids and who we live with--I'm sure that by now she's received the letters explaining that!

Nicole drew a cute flower on the back of the letter:


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And our last letter is from Earl John who's 13 and from the Philippines.


Earl John sent a two-page letter! He shared that he'll be starting 8th grade and that he doesn't live near any body of water. He also shared that he's happy that we think he's handsome!

Then he thanked us for sending him the pictures of himself (for his birthday I printed out copies of all the photos I had of him and put them in a decorative folder...you can see photos here). Earl John said that his family hung the photo folder on the wall of their house! Earl John also thanked me for sending a notebook to his mom for Mother's Day. He said that his mom was glad when he gave it to her! It was so fun to read about Earl John and his family receiving the gifts that I sent!

Earl John shared Proverbs 17:17 in closing: "A friend loves at all times,
And a brother is born for adversity."

Did you receive any letters this week?

4 comments:

  1. Good for Jose for improving his grades! I'm glad that Oscar was able to get new clothes- and that's pretty cool that he gets to work with his friend! Dinesh's drawing is really great! All your letters were really sweet. I just love that Earl John has the birthday present hanging in his house! No letters for us here yet, but I'm hoping to hear the mailman coming around in the next half hour or so! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved these letters too!! There were so many with personal touches...those are my favorite. I hope that you get some letters!! You could always do what we did...go away for almost 2 weeks and then you feel like you've hit the jack-pot ;)

      Delete
  2. What a great "letter dump"! I heaven't gotten anything this week, although I heard that I have a letter scanned in the country office from my Basomingera, so I'm expecting it in a few weeks. It's in reply to a first letter enquiry, so I can't wait to see what it says!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exciting that you've had a letter scanned in the country office! Hopefully it doesn't take too long to get to you! I can only imagine how impatient I would be knowing that a letter is on the way!!

      Delete