Monday, February 24, 2014

Mail Call Monday: News from Bolivia, Ethiopia & Nicaragua

I'm joining up with Blogging from the Boonies for Mail Call Monday!

Mail Call Button

Our first letter came from 12-year-old Franco of Bolivia. This guy writes the sweetest letters!


Franco's letters always remind me why we should keep writing. He shares, "I want to thank you for the letters you sent me. Thanks for the pictures and stickers. Thanks, because you never forget me. I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart." So even if your child doesn't express himself like Franco, your letters are telling your child that you remember him and that he is important to you!

Franco then shared that he made good grades and enjoys visiting the zoo. And in response to my letter where I shared that we are expecting baby #2, Franco shared, "Congratulations on the baby! Take care of your body and eat well." I so love that Franco shared his wisdom with me! It so touches my heart that he took the time to share with me how to care for my body.

~~~

The next letter came from 16-year-old Selam from Ethiopia.


Selam shared about Christmas and that she "celebrated Christmas well with my friends, having chocolate, biscuits and God's word." Doesn't that sound like a wonderful Christmas celebration? Next, Selam shared that she is in 9th grade and asked for prayers for her grades and her family.

~~~

Finally, we heard from 15-year-old Julissa of Nicaragua.


Julissa shared that the students in her school with good grades were able to visit the zoo! She said that she really enjoyed this trip to the zoo. Then, she shared that her favorite flowers are roses and jasmine! And she said that her country has beautiful sunflowers. Julissa closed by asking if we like our country and how Juanito is doing! I love being asked questions by our kids. It makes it so easy to respond to the letters and feels like a conversation.

~~~

Have you heard from your kids recently? I'd love to hear about it!

2 comments:

  1. I love the reminders of what our letters mean to our kids! I know they all value them and they are a source of encouragement to them, but it's really nice when they can verbalize that back to us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it sure is! Franco's reminders help me to faithfully write to the kids who don't share like he does!

      Delete