Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Sidewalk Games: British Bulldog

This month's sidewalk game is called British Bulldogs and is played in the United Kingdom. The letters I sent looked like this:


If you would like to learn how to play or would like to share this letter with your sponsored child, here is what I shared:

Dear Name,

How are you and your family? I send you warm greetings in the name of our Lord Jesus.

This month I wanted to share with you a game from the United Kingdom! My siblings and I learned how to play this game when we were young and we really enjoyed it. The United Kingdom is a country in western Europe. I included a map so that you can see where it is located.

British Bulldog
To play, you need: 4 to 10 players.
1. All players line up, facing one player who is “It.”
2. Players begin to run.
3. “It” attempts to tag these players.
4. Once players are tagged, they attempt to tag non-tagged players.
5. The last one to be tagged is the winner, or British Bulldog. And the game begins again!

Is there a game that you like to play with your friends? I would love to learn the game! When Juanito gets bigger, I will have to teach him games from around the world.

I love you dearly and I am praying for you and your family!

May God bless you.

Love,
Hannah


I found the map, flag and photo via Google searches.

In case you are wondering how I chose the games/countries, I have a book called Sidewalk Games from the Around the World by Arlene Erlbach and I chose games that needed simple supplies…beans, pieces of cloth, etc. so that our kids could play no matter what their financial situation!

2 comments:

  1. That is a fun idea to write about games!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feel free to copy the games I wrote about, if you'd like :)

      Delete