Thursday, April 17, 2014

Project Director's Letter: Ethiopia

We recently received 5 letters from project directors! I love how these letters show a view of the project that typically doesn't come through our kids' letters. I wanted to share these letters with you!

The first project letter I'd like to share is from Feraol's project, ET-203. The photos are from Compassion's regional country page about the region where Feraol lives, so although they aren't necessarily from Feraol's project, they give an idea of the area.

Dear Eric and Hannah,

Let God's grace and peace be with you!

My name is Adanech M., the director in Holeta Geunet Church Child Development Center where your child, Feraol, attends. It is located in Oromiya region which is 40kms far and in the town called Holeta.


The children in our project are more than 200 and the poorest of the poor. They are being benefited socially, economically, physically and spiritually. I thank God because of you for your supports to Feraol. I have no word to express your deeds and say God bless you!


We give stationary materials, school fees, school uniform, medical serves, different trainings, clothes, pair of shoes, etc. I thank you a lot for your supports all. May God bless you!


The children and their families have been benefited from complementary program like additional food. And the children have been getting birthday gifts, general gifts, family gifts, etc. Our project involve the children according to their age groups like 3-5, 6-8, 9-11, 12-14, 15-18, and 19 and above and we give them different trainings, tutorial class, how to study for better result, Bible courses or lessons. With this sponsors have played great role. The other thing is that they had leisure trip and celebrate Christmas and the Easter together with family, teachers and workers.


The project has brought great impact on the children. Our former children who have completed their stay in the project are working as a doctor, teacher, nurse, artist, accountant, engineers etc. I thank the sponsors for their support that these children are privileged. God bless you richly and receive our joy!


Sponsor communication through letters is great service because the children are very happy when they receive it. They feel that they are loved. It helps them express their thoughts. It has brought great impact on them.


Let God who is in above be praised. I have prayer request that the children should be released from spiritual, cognitive and economical poverty in Jesus name and for us to be fruitful in what we are doing.

Let God bless your ministry!

Yours,

Adanech M.

Project Director

4 comments:

  1. This just makes me smile - I love these letters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this letter. It's so hopeful and great to see how the project is impacting the children, as well as how past sponsored children are now impacting the project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that so neat to hear? Although I know that Compassion works, I love examples like this that come through in tangible ways to my sponsorship experience.

      Delete