Dear Eric and Hannah,
My name is Rosa Argentina L. S. I am the project director of Hosanna Student Center, where your sponsored child Julissa attends. This project is located in Ciudad Sandino, Managua, Nicarauga.
I'm grateful and very happy with God and you for the support that you are giving Julissa, knowing that whoever is kind to the poor lends to the Lord, and that he will reward them for what they have done. I thank God for your great heart; I don't find words to thank you for your love and support to Julissa.
In a typical day in the project the first thing we do is a devotional giving thanks to God for his blessings, and then the tutors get prepared to receive the children. We as leadership team give follow-up in the classrooms. After the classes, children receive meals.
On Mother's Day the children sang and dramatized; it was a very emotional moment because I saw a girl crying and hugging me. I asked her why she was crying and told me that she thought of so many children not having their moms and she thought how their lives are. It is amazing to see the children's love.
Our staff has been trained; our children have many activities such as visits to the sick and elderly, football leagues, spiritual retreats, campaigns, talent show, physical skills, excursions and sporting afternoons.
"My Plan for Tomorrow" is a booklet used with teens in the project; it's basically a tool where teenagers can write their long or short-term goals. We see the adolescents' wishes and dreams, but the greatest thing for us is to see their dreams become a reality.
It's great to see the blessings that our children receive. Our children are poor but not miserable because they know God blesses them. We have taught them self-esteem, and our children shine with Christ's light. Our community has been impacted to see how we love children, and that they know God and have been blessed.
I want to tell you about an event. This was very special because we were in a spiritual retreat and young people were servers and realized they were not prepared to serve, but during a beautiful ministration they decided to receive Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior of their lives. Now they are serving in the church.
It is nice to see when there is a beautiful friendship between sponsor and child, and above all the joy children feel when they have contact with their sponsors. I get excited to see this and I cry when I see children receiving something from their sponsors and see their faces full of emotion. I thank God and sponsors like you for giving me such emotional moments. Children get motivated when they write a letter and make drawings for their sponsors, but they feel much more excited when they receive letters because it makes them feel important. We have not received any sponsor visit so far, but we know that sponsors will come very soon.
I ask prayer for each child and for all the project staff, that God gives us strength and continues training us to be better day by day. I'm very grateful for your great love and I know you have given your heart to Julissa. I wish you plenty of blessings from our God. Thank God, for the first time I can tell you how good it is to serve our children. I pray God may bless your life and family.
Sincerely,
Rosa Argentina L.S.
Project Director
If you would be interested in sponsoring at this amazing project, 10-year-old Miguel needs a sponsor!
You can learn more about Miguel here.









