My compassion testimony and Ministry
"My name is Nowah K., 29 years, husband to a beautiful wife, Sharon Sunday K. and God blessed us with a beautiful baby girl, Katrina Lori K. 7 weeks old.
I got enrolled in compassion international program at the age of 4 years.Country Director by then Jacque M. who had come to register new children in the program and he came with a car, and that was my first time to see a car, so I kept on running after a car and the car stopped at the church/compassion project and also stopped and I kept on looking at what was happening but that was not my interests, my interest was actually the car, I was dirty and with lots of mucus. After long while, this country director looked at me hungry, dirty with mucus all over my face, he came to me and asked me what is your name, where do you come from? I answered politely, he picked tissue and cleaned my nose, asked people who were there whether I was also a needy kid who would be enrolled, luckily enough they said yes. I was photographed and registered and this happened at last. Praise God that this happened. Of all the kids who were registered that day, I was the first child to get a sponsor, but my first sponsor dropped/ canceled the support and a few months I got another sponsor who supported me through the program.
Through compassion program at church/project, I benefited in all aspect of child development to mention, spiritual, cognitive, physical and social aspects. I knew Christ during devotional sessions at the project and I preached to my parents who eventually got saved, my Dad is enrolled to theological school and became a Pastor of our local church, my mom is one of the church leaders in the same church.
I have attained University education from Uganda Christian University, am the first person in our family to attain the highest level of education and in my community.
While in compassion program, the Spirit was convicting me to sponsor a child after attaining my education and getting a job, this basically was to say thank you to God for the opportunity given in life. In me I had a mind of helping needy child just like I was before getting in compassion program. Preach the gospel of Christ Jesus to children and communities.
During my university education, God continued to show me a ministry that will bring joy, peace, love, courage to needy, orphaned and vulnerable children. I had no idea of how this meant. After my university education God continued to send me to streets, schools, hospitals and communities where I saw there was need in areas of spiritual, physical, education and social.
In 2011, God Continued to give me a burden to minister to orphaned and needy children who have no opportunity to be enrolled in compassion international and these children would end up on streets, trafficked, sacrificed, defiled, forced into early marriage, child labour, raped, girl children forced into commercial sex and all these evils things, children would be forced into these things due to lack and ignorance, I would feel bad to see all these things happen to innocent children.
Therefore, this inspired me to establish a ministry called Triumph Children Ministries with a focus of bringing the gospel of Jesus Christ to these children, establish child rehabilitation centre, Education support, cloth naked children, due to resources, I begun with 5 children, 2 boys and 3 girls, and started moving to churches mobilizing and collecting items like cloths, food, education supplies, christian literatures for the children, with God's provision the number of children in the ministry has grown to 55 kids, we also have sponsorship program and currently 5 kids are sponsored and the rest are supported through donations and gifts from well wishers with the love of Jesus Christ.
We currently don't have a website but God gave us the opportunity of sharing our burden through Facebook "Triumph Children's Ministry". We receive donation through western union and Money gram."
If you would like to learn more about Triumph Children's Ministry, check out the Facebook page! And you can learn more about donating to the ministry there. I would encourage you to be praying for Nowah and the ministry. (Also, all photos are from Nowah or TCM.)








Praise God for all He is doing through Nowah!
ReplyDeleteAmen!
Delete