Saturday, December 6, 2014

New Sponsor Kit

As an advocate, I am always looking for ways to encourage new sponsors in their journey! I recently created a "New Sponsor Kit" and thought I'd share it here with you!


The righthand side has material I ordered through Compassion's advocate network (I will include the reference number in case you want to order them!). They include the "Compassion at a Glance" (IN017), "Compassion International's Child Development Model" (BR041), "Child Survival Program Help Babies Brochure" (BR341), and "Compassion.com Window Decal" (PM900). The stickers I can't seem to find anymore.


On the lefthand side I included a sheet I wrote up with a list of helpful blogs, websites and other resources for letter writing, some pretty Christmas paper, a template or two I printed from With Elephant Grace, a coloring page, some stickers and a birthday card.


Do you have anything you try to give new sponsors to encourage them in the journey? (And if you sponsor Carlos or one of the Bolivian children who I am advocating for, I will give you a new sponsor kit!)

6 comments:

  1. I make folders quite a bit like this! I send all the same stuff from Compassion, along with a paper I typed up with some helpful suggestions about letter writing. I also include a few sheets of stickers, and sometimes some scripture cards in Spanish or English, if I know where the child is. I try to find out the age and gender of the child ahead of time. Then I decorate the folder with their name! The last time I made one, the sponsor ended up using the folder to send some gifts to her sponsor child at a later time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a really fun idea to decorate the folder with the name of the child! I'll have to keep that in mind. And I also recently slipped in a letter from me with tips and ideas for staring a relationship!

      Delete
  2. I never thought of doing this, what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea. I have created a list of letter writing tips and ideas - practical ideas they can write about while they get used to the letter writing process. I also give a map of the US that they can send to their child.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the idea of a map of the US to include for their child! I'll have to keep that in mind for future new sponsors! Thanks for sharing!

      Delete