I have been continuing with my two online letters per month. This month, I wrote about Hudson Taylor and Kick the Can.
I also sent an additional Christmas themed letter this month! I already sent my Christmas letters, but I wrote online just to share how we are thinking and praying for each child during the Christmas season. Earlier this month I shared what we are doing this advent on Compassion Family's blog (you can read my post: Jesus' Upcoming Birthday).
Part of the plan involved Juanito hanging pictures he colored and photos of the Compassion kids on the tree. I thought that the Compassion kids would enjoy knowing that they are on our tree! So I took a photo of the tree and close-up's of each child and of some of Juanito's ornaments.
On a side note, it has a been such a joy to pray for the kids with Juanito this advent season! He has been praying for God to send our kids food!
Since it has been a few months, I mailed out a big box of paper letters. I typed a letter about the Fruit of the Spirit thanks to Jill's inspiration at Compassion Family. You can read Jill's post here. Each time I mail a box of letters in 2015, I am going to include a typed letter based on a fruit, per Jill's series.
I also included Valentine's Day cards that I had saved from last year, for the boys. I printed out some cute Frozen ones to go along with my birthday theme this year for the girls. For the older girls, I found cute magnetic notepads with hearts for Valentine's Day and just pulled off the magnetic strip on the back!
Since Juanito love wolves, I cut up some old wolf calendars to send to the kids. I thought they'd appreciate a "poster" of a wolf! I included a photo of my nieces, since some of my kids have been asking for more photos of our families. And, since I wrote about John Newton earlier in the year, I'm following up with not only the words to Amazing Grace, but the sheet music, thanks to Jill from Compassion Family's suggestion!
Finally, for the littlest kids, I sent the coloring pages on Heaven from the Bible for Children (this set of pages was available in Amharic, Kinyarwanda, Portuguese, and Spanish).
Here is a close up of the boy's Valentine cards…they came with tattoos and stickers!
This is what the notepad for the older girls' looks like:
These are the little girls' Valentines cards (I cannot remember where I found these, but you can find some other cute ones here.)
I also mailed my birthday packets for the kids with birthdays in January and February! The January letters might be a little late, but at least they'll get them soon! If you saw my November Share & Tell post, you'll know that my folders were still a work in progress. Now you can see what they look like after decorating!
And in case you're curious, this is what the online part of the birthday letters looks like!
What have you written about your kids this month? I'd love to hear! I'm all for ideas for my future letters!




Wow...you are so organized! I feel like I'm flying by the seat of my pants lately! I didn't write at all in December and have just finished my letters for Jan. BUT...I need to write/send Valentine's.
ReplyDeleteI love that you are using the Fruit of the Spirit series - so glad it's helpful and being used. I've enjoyed writing the series.
I also love that you sent the sheet music to Amazing Grace!
I think the organization is out of necessity due to have two little ones! Plus, I love organizing. Thanks so much for the Fruit of the Spirit stuff! It's so helpful.
DeleteThat's a good idea showing them that they were on your tree. I'm behind in writing two of my kids. I've got to get on it!
ReplyDeleteThanks! I hope the kids like it too! Have fun catching up with your two!
DeleteYour tree is so pretty! I'm hoping to make ornaments of my kids throughout the year, so I can put them on the tree for next year! And I'm so proud of my buddy Juanito for praying for all your sponsor kids. : ) I love the Valentine notepads and I think the folders look great! I've been decorating solid color folders with stickers for the older boys when I sent birthday stuff- Victor's is going out this week, hopefully!
ReplyDeleteThanks! That's a fun idea to make ornaments throughout the year. You'll have to take a photo of Victor's photo so we can see!
DeleteThis is actually the first year that I was "with it" and mailed Christmas stuff before Christmas! We'll see if that happens again this year!
ReplyDeleteYou have been so faithful in sharing about my Share & Tell posts!! Thank you so much!! And I didn't even write to my kids in December either :( I am looking at changing things up a bit this year, so stay tuned :)
ReplyDeleteI will be staying tuned! I'm excited to see what you'll be doing on the blog this year :)
Delete