I love following along with these trips! It's the next-best thing to actually going myself. So if you sponsor with Compassion, and especially if you sponsor a kid from the Dominican Republic, I highly encourage you to follow along!
On the same note, I absolutely love when people share about their trips to visit their kids. If you didn't get a chance to read Jill's guest post on this blog, check it out here.
And if you would like to learn more about Jill's recent trip to Nicaragua, check out these posts on her blog:
* A Little Background on My Trip to Nicaragua
* Vocational Training for Teens in Nicaragua
* Meeting Josseling
* Meeting Ana
* Meeting Maria
* Meeting Kerlint
* Wrapping Up Our Compassion Day in Nicaragua
I also came across this really neat post comparing and contrasting individual visits with group visits! As someone who would love to visit my kids one day, I'm keeping Katie's thoughts in mind: Sponsor Group Trip vs. Individual Trip.
Jessi, who blogs at Me & Mr Jones, recently interviewed Sherinah! I never get tired of hearing Sherinah's words and encourage you to check out the post: Sherinah Talks About Kids with Disabilities.
And while talking about Sherinah, I encourage you to check out her ministry's blog, Sherinah's New Hope for Children with Disability Ministry. We've had a lot more activity on the blog and are now posting regular twice a week! We'd love for you to pop over, learn some and pray for the ministry. And if you'd feel led to sponsor one of Sherinah's kid, you can read their bios here.
Next, I'd like to share two non-Compassion posts. This post first is by Ann Voskamp…typically her writing style isn't my favorite as I'm not a huge fan of poetry. But this post is just beautiful if you're either married or wanting to be married: Why Falling in Love Maybe Sorta Be A Myth (Or: How to Fall in Love Far Better than all the Love Songs).
And the second is post titled Love Well. This is written by a young woman who was widowed at age 24…leaving her a single mother of two children, a one-year-old and a baby in the womb. Her post is incredibly encouraging, despite the tragedy she has suffered.
Finally, I'd like to pass along a post my sister sent me. I love how the author ties in the Psalms with her struggle when she sees Boko Haram in Nigeria and ISIS in the Middle East. It's such a beautiful reminder that God is in control… I'd like to say more, but you should just read it for yourself: From Where God Sits...
Enjoy!
