Helen's photos show Franco with his mom and with the pastor, Palermo. She also took photos of the church where the project is located, of the surrounding area, and of the greeting she and the other sponsors received when they arrived! I hope you enjoy the photos as much as I did!
Dear Eric and Hannah,
We send you our most sincere and kind greetings on behalf of the leaders and pastors of The Friends National Evangelical Church and Batallas Monthly Assembly. We wish you much success in the activities you perform for the well-being of the children in need around the entire world.
My name is Palermo H. H., I'm the pastor of the church which is associated with the Center where Franco is registered. All the members of our church want to thank you for the support you give us as a sponsor for Franco.
There are truly many needs in the zone the church is located in. Among the most important is the lack of employment from which arises economic need, the lack of idea health care, nutrition and education. The product of all this in some cases is dropping out of school.
I inform you that since the Center started I could observe the favorable impact it caused in the children's life who attend. The families see the church's great support and they thank God for the Center. The support granted is during the entire week and year round where the children find material and spiritual support and they feel accepted and protected as well.
As a vision, the church sees with optimism the future of the children who will be leaders. They are to be capable of supporting their families, their zones and communities they came from. Also, they'll be helpful in the future days of their youth in which they'll guide the country.
Among the many activities performed in favor of the children, the Center organized other activities such as the improvement of the toilets for boys and girls, the construction of new rooms, classrooms for children, the new construction of the church building and other projects like courts, recreational rooms with necessary equipment to benefit of the children.
The children love to receive letters form their sponsors and write them in return. That activity which is beneficial because the children contact their sponsor and keep a friendly relationship, which is Biblically pleasant for God. We value the child-sponsor relationship.
As a church and community we fraternally ask you in the name of the Lord to support us through your prayers for the sole goal to free the boys and girls from the extreme poverty they live in. Nevertheless, we can achieve this wished goal strengthened in our Lord Jesus Christ.
May God bless you abundantly,
Palermo H. H.
If you would like to sponsor child from Bolivia, please consider sponsoring 16-year-old Hernan, who's birthday is October 25.
Hernan lives with his father and his mother. At home, duties include washing clothes, making beds and running errands. His father is sometimes employed and his mother is sometimes employed. There are 2 children in the family.
As part of Compassion's ministry, Hernan participates in church activities. He is also in high school where his performance is average. Soccer, volleyball and playing ball games are his favorite activities.
I know Hernan's previous correspondent (Hernan's financial sponsor was unable to continue sponsoring Hernan) and she provided Hernan's previous photos and artwork. And my friend Judy visited this project, BO-380, and shared a photo of her with Juan, the art tutor, displaying his work, and a photo of her with Juan and Juan Carlos, the project director!
To sponsor Hernan, click here. (And let me know at berry31(at)gmail.com because there might be an opportunity to send him a gift in the future!)








Wonderful post, Hannah! And the offer's still open for anyone who sponsors Hernan from this post, that I will bring a small gift on behalf of his new sponsor when I make a return visit to BO380 in the Fall of 2016!!
ReplyDeleteThanks! I love the pastor's letters! And I'm continuing to pray for Hernan. I hope that someone we know sponsors him!!
Delete