If you would like to learn how to play or would like to share this letter with your sponsored child, here is what I shared:
Dear Name,
Greetings in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. How are you and your family?
I learned a game from Uganda! I also learned some interesting things about Uganda! Uganda is the home to Mountain Gorillas, an endangered species. There are only 750 of these gorillas left in the world and they live in Bwindi National Park in Uganda and in parks in Rwanda and Congo. And over 1000 species of birds live in Uganda! More than half of the bird species that live in Africa can be found in Uganda. Do you like to watch birds? Which is your favorite?
I included a picture of Uganda's flag, a map showing you where Uganda is located, and a picture of the beautiful scenery of Uganda.
The game I would like to share is called Kakopi.
To play, you need: three or more children.
1. Have players sit in a line on the ground with their legs extended in front of them.
2. Choose one child to be the leader.
3. While the children sing a short song, the leader walks around and taps each child’s legs.
4. Whichever leg the leader is touching when the song ends must be tucked back behind the child.
5. When both legs are tucked back, that child is “out.”
6. The last child to still have a leg extended is the winner and becomes the next leader.
I would like to close by sharing Jeremiah 15:16, "Your words were found, and I ate them, and Your word was to me the joy and rejoicing of my heart; for I am called by Your name, O Lord God of hosts."
I love you very much and we pray for you. May God bless you and your family!
Love,
Hannah
Feel free to copy this game to share with your sponsored kids!
