Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Pastor's Letter: Bolivia (BO-576)

We received a pastor's letter from Jhomary's and Daniela's pastor in Bolivia! Jhomary and Daniela (who we were assigned recently as a correspondent) attend BO-576. All the photos are from Judy, who met Jhomary in September of 2014 when she was visiting her child at BO-576 (you can read about her visit here).

Judy's photos show the project, the GAP room, Pastor Hugo with the project director and other staff, Judy's sponsored child Sylvia, Jhomary and Jhomary's mom! I hope you enjoy the photos as much as I did!

Dear Eric and Hannah,

Grace and peace be to you and your family from our Lord Jesus Christ, and may your activities be blessed by our Father

By the grace of God I'm pastoring the Israel Church. My name is Hugo I. M. The church is located in the Villa Israel district, shout of Cochabamba, Bolivia, and we are working with the Child Development Center attended by your sponsored child.


I and the church are grateful for the social, emotional and spiritual support you provide with so much love and affection for Jhomary. I know that your work and effort will not be in vain before God.



The Villa Israel area houses a variety of cultures that migrated from the provinces, especially the highlands, with many languages and customs. Most families are very poor, and because of this, parents leave their children at home no their own as they go to work. In many cases, fathers abandon their homes and leave single mothers. We are fighting for so many children who are part of gangs, controlled by other young people. These are children who want to take revenge because of parental abandonment. And the only hope we can give them as a church is God through the Child Development Center.


As a church, it is our goal that all children know the true God and give honor and glory to Him in their lives, wherever they are, as children of God. For this we are giving them discipleship. Of course, not everyone understand the truth of Christianity, but there are some youngsters in the project who are fine with the church and help there, working with the younger children. We still have hope that many teenagers who are not in the project can change their lives with the help of God.


In the knowledge that there is much need of the Gospel, we are starting a ministry in the neighborhood schools, with programs to outreach and other topics for their Christian formation. We believe that God will open their hearts and minds.


Many children feel joyful to receive correspondence or any gift from their sponsors, but some get nothing and hope to someday get a letter. To them it is try encouraging thing to get some news from their sponsors. It would so nice if all sponsored children received more news from their sponsors and replied to them. I pray you will write to Jhomary!


It is our pray that children make the most of the help they get and that they can come to know God and receive Him as their Lord and Savior. And this is also our prayer request: that they don't only benefit materially, but that they are also spiritually rich before God.


Once again, we are very grateful for your generosity to Jhomary. May God the Almighty meet your needs and reward you for the great work you unconditionally do. Thank you very much.

Yours in Christ,

Pastor H. I.


~~~

If you would like to sponsor child from Bolivia, I have two children from BO-576 who I am advocating for!


If you would like to learn more about Angela or Alexander and how to sponsor one of these children, please email me at berry31(at)gmail.com.