Saturday, August 15, 2015

Sidewalk Games: Nyama-Nyama-Nyama

This month's sidewalk game is called Nyama-Nyama-Nyama. The credit for this game goes to Africa.com. And the photo, flag and map were found via Google.


If you would like to learn how to play or would like to share this letter with your sponsored child, here is what I shared:

Dear Name,

I learned a game from your country, Kenya! I also learned some about your country. I learned that your country is named after Mount Kenya, the highest mountain in the country at 5,199 meters! Kenya had had lots of runners who won medals in the Olympics! 79 Olympic medals have been won by Kenyan runners! Kenya is also home to many large animals like elephants, lions, cheetahs, giraffes, zebras, hippos, and rhinos. Have you ever seen some of these animals in real life? And did you know that a cheetah can run up to 120 kilometers per hour? They're such a fast animal! I included a photo of Kenya's beautiful scenery, a flag of Kenya and a map showing where Kenya is located.

The game I learned is called Nyama-Nyama-Nyama. Have you every played this?

To play, you need: 4 or more children.
1. All children stand in a circle.
2. One leader is chosen and sits in the middle wearing a hat, the other player sit around in semicircle facing the leader.
3. The leader says, “You stole my hat!” and points at a player.
4. The player has to deny stealing the hat without laughing. If the player laughs, he or she has to step out of the semicircle.
5. When one player is left facing the leader, that player becomes the new leader.

I would like to close by asking you to read Psalm 63. I am praying for you and your family. I love you very much!

Love,
Hannah

Feel free to copy this game to share with your sponsored kids!