Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Juana in Mexico

I sponsored Juana from 2006 to 2007.


We received 5 letters while sponsoring Juana! Her birthday is May 10, 1995. Juana lived with her mother and 6 siblings. Her mom was employed as a house cleaner.

~~~

Project Info and Activities:

Juana attend ME-816 in Mapastepec, Chiapas, southeast of Arriaga.
* Home to approximately 9,100 residents
* Most commonly spoken language is Spanish
* Most common work is work is day labor, although the majority is unemployed
* Average earning is $79 a month
* Regional Diet: maize, beans, chicken & fish
* Common Health Problems: parasites, stomach illnesses, respiratory diseases, eye diseases
* Typical Houses: cement, corrugated iron roofs

Center activities: Bible teaching, health care, opportunities for community service, academic support, health education and vocational training.

~~~

Miscellaneous Info from Letters:

* Favorites: hide-and-seek, running, art/drawing, math, basketball, color blue, listening to music

~~~

Letter Highlights...
"My favorite subject is math and I love sports. At church they chose me to play soccer. I also like to play basketball. My favorite color is blue. When I have time I listen to music."

"I am very happy for the gifts I've receive from you as well as your letters. Thank you for the picture of you that you sent me, it is a pleasure to know you! Dear godmother, thank you for the gift you sent me with it we've got some goods. I would like to know more about your family because I would like to know them more."


~~~

Artwork:

Juana included bright, colorful drawings with her letters!


~~~

Final Letter:

Juana is another child, well, now adult, who I hope is doing well. It is always sad when the reason for leaving the project isn't positive. But I know that God knows where she is and He is always with her!

"Dear Sponsor,

We greet you in the name of Jesus. We thank you for the support you gave her. She received her scholar materials, a backpack, shoes, etc. She will no longer assist to the project because of her family's problems and she had to move to another community far away from the project. We would like you to support other child who needs you. God blesses you. We will pray for you. "


~~~

To read the other posts in this series, click here.