I was Ankit's correspondent for most of 2009.
We received 1 letter while corresponding with Ankit. His birthday is January 11, 1996. Ankit lived with his parents and two siblings, and his dad was employed as a laborer.
Project Info and Activities:
Ankit attend IN-208 in Allahabad.
* Home to approximately 82,500 residents
* The primary ethnic group Gujarath
* Most commonly spoken language is Hindi
* Most common work is work is in factories, although the majority is unemployed
* Average earning is $65 a month
* Regional Diet: beans, bananas, rice & potatoes
* Common Health Problems: skin diseases, malnutrition, fevers, coughs, malaria, waterborne diseases
* Typical Houses: cement floors, mud walls, thatched roofs
Center activities: drawing competition, Bible teaching, medical exams, hygiene supplies, health education, nutrias food, social activities, counseling and computer training.
Miscellaneous Info from Letters:
* Favorites: cricket, group games, soccer/football, play house, art/drawing, singing, other ball games
Letter Highlights...
"In my CDC 15 August we celebrated with great enthusiasm we also celebrated Raksha Bandkan in which sisters tie Rakhi to their brother."
"I went to my Aunt house in Summer Vacations. Me and my cousin played Cricket there."
As far as I know, Ankit continued with Compassion's program, we just were no longer able to stay in touch with him due to his financial sponsor ended the sponsorship. While it can be hard to say goodbye, I hope and pray that he received a great sponsor who helped him finish the program. (If you have ever had to say goodbye in a case like this and weren't sure how to say it, here's what I shared most recently when we lost 6 correspondents: Saying Goodbye to Correspondents.)
