We received 16 letters while sponsoring Karol. Her birthday is February 24. Karol lived with her mother, aunt, grandfather, grandmother and sister, Kelly. Karol's grandfather was employed doing different jobs and her mother sold in the market.
Project Info and Activities:
Karol attended CO-426 in Union Vivienda Popular, Cali
* Home to approximately 104,500 residents
* Most commonly spoken language is Spanish
* Most common work is work is street vending
* Average earning is $72 a month
* Regional Diet: maize, beans, bananas, fish, bread, beef, plantains, potatoes & rice
* Common Health Problems: skin infections, malnutrition, respiratory illnesses, diarrhea
* Typical Houses: cement floors, brick walls, tile roofs
Center activities: Bible teaching, medical exams, nutritious food, educational workshops, social events, recreational activities, formal and non-formal education (sandal making, hair cutting), and educational workshops for parents and guardians.
Miscellaneous Info from Letters:
* Favorites: group games, hide-and-seek, running, shopping with mom, biking, watching tv, singing, math, electronics, Chinese rice
* Dreams: to be a detective, forensic investigator or singer
Letter Highlights...
"I tell you that this year we have a Bible study at home and I like it because I am able to learn more about God and I'd like my friends to learn more about God."
"Some days ago I turned 13 and my friends smashed eggs on me as I came out of school and it was fun."
Artwork
Karol sent some fun drawings like this one!
Final Letter
"Dear Miss Hannah,
My name is Yenny A., I'm the Director of the project, writing on behalf of Karol to thank you for all the support you provided her. It was a tremendous blessing both to her and her family. Regrettably, I must inform you that the young lady will no longer continue to be in our program… Even so, we at the project want you to know how grateful we are for your faithful donations and prayers. We also wish you to continue sponsoring another boy or girl who needs your support. We greatly bless you in every way, and pray God will do the same in every area of your life.
Learned Skills:
During her time at the project she trained in a workshop for three months were they taught her the art of making sandals.
Benefits during sponsorship:
Your sponsorship provided Karol with proper and well-balanced nutrition, medical check-ups, recreational outings, sports events, participation in birthday and Christmas celebration and gifts.
My future:
Karol expressed that she would like to become a fashion designer. She also wanted to get involved in the praise and worship ministry at the church playing the piano and singing, and also become a singer."
To read the other posts in this series, click here.

