Monday, March 7, 2016

Mail Call Monday: News from Dominican Republic, Ethiopia & Kenya!

Our first letter of the week came from 8-year-old Ana of the Dominican Republic!


Ana's letter was titled "My Project Learning" and she shared that she's been learning about animals, art, to appreciate her family and to show love, to make friends and to be polite! She also said that she enjoyed Christmas "very much." And here is her beautiful drawing!


~~~

Next we heard from 13-year-old Seyefu of Ethiopia! This is our first letter from Seyefu!


Seyefu shared that he has been learning about "Abune Basilios (a priest)"…I had never heard of Basilios and it turns out he's a patriarch in the Ethiopian Orthodox Church. You can see his photo here. I love learning new things from our kids!

Seyefu also answered some of my questions and shared that he has a dog named Babi and four sheep that his financial sponsor bought for him. The sheep are named Megal, Hortu, Tule and Tefeyba. He said he chose Tefeyba because "I love to watch Indian movie." (I tried googling the name to figure out the Indian connection but was unable to figure anything out…if you have an insight, I'd love to hear!).

~~~

And then we heard from 14-year-old Gatwiri of Kenya.


Gatwiri thanked us for sending her a good Christmas! She said she spent a very nice Christmas with her family. And she wished us a Merry Christmas and drew this cute picture: