We received 35 letters and 2 pastor's letter while sponsoring Pin. Her birthday is October 30. Pin lived with her mother and her sister. Her mother was employed as a general employee.
Project Info and Activities:
Pin attended TH-708 near Ubon Ratchathani
* Home to approximately 4,000 residents
* The primary ethnic group is Northeastern Thai
* Most commonly spoken language is Northeastern Thai
* Most common work is work is day laboring or plantation work
* Average earning is $136 a month
* Regional Diet: bananas, chicken, fish, rice, pork & vegetables
* Common Health Problems: dengue fever
* Typical Houses: cement floors, wood walls, tile roofs
Center activities: Bible teaching, special celebrations, supplementary food, medical checkups, field trips, recreational activities, tutoring, Thai dance lessons, cooking courses, and meetings and health education for parents and guardians.
Miscellaneous Info from Letters:
* Favorites: group games, bicycling, walking, hide-and-seek, running, reading, art/drawing, jump rope, singing, listening to music, other ball games, story telling, reading cartoons, spicy soup & oranges, red, rose, the creation story
* Dreams: to be a teacher
Letter Highlights...
"On 28th February the project took us for an education tour at equatic farm in Rey-ed where I saw many kinds of fish. Some of them I had never seen before. I got to feed them too. "
"On Saturday afternoon, there are some clubs at the project such as Music club, threading the frame, typing and threading the beads in the shape of key rings clubs. I attend threading the beads in the shape of key rings, the cross and the heart shapes."
"I have gone to visit Thai-Laos frontier and Sampum Boke. I have gone boating on the Khong River where is located between Thailand and Laos and it looks very beautiful. I can see the rock in the shape of dog's head. I enjoy so much."
"I watched Olympic Game at home and I like to see boxing. My country played boxing and received a silver medal. i was so happy."
"In October 8th-10th, the project had a camp called 'Impuls.' I ride a van and bus that lot of fun. I had good time at the camp. Do you like to attend camp?"
Artwork
Pin didn't typically include artwork, but she did send this beautiful drawing:
And this pretty Christmas card in 2010!
Final Letter
Pin left Compassion's program because she was accepted to an advanced school of science and mathematics and her classes were at the same time as the project meetings. We are so proud of her for succeeding in school and know that she is doing well.
"Dear Eric and Hannah,
Hello, Sir. I am Pin. I am fine. Thank you so much for all letters and all gifts. I had the chances to attends camps such as camp in Khon Kaen Province and a camp in Mukdahan Province. I have to depart the project because I have a lot of activities at school to do so I am not free to attend the project activity. My mother is not free as well because she works very hard and she goes to another province very often. She is not at home that much. Most of the time, I stay with my grandmother.
May God bless you and your works.
Love and respect,
Pin"
To read the other posts in this series, click here.

