Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Romina in the Philippines

I sponsored Romina for about a month in 2008.


We didn't receive any letters or cards while sponsoring Romina. Her birthday is September 23. Romina lived with parents and 4 siblings. Her father was blind in one eye and her mother tended a small store.

~~~

Project Info and Activities:

Romina attended PH-239 in Santa Cruz, Manila
* Home to approximately 3,100 residents
* Most commonly spoken language is Tagalog
* Most common work is work is day laboring, but the majority is unemployed
* Average earning is $95 a month
* Regional Diet: rice, chicken, pork, fish, vegetables, eggs & hotdogs
* Common Health Problems: coughs, colds
* Typical Houses: cement floors, wood walls, corrugated tin roofs

Center activities: Bible teaching, medical exams, hygiene instruction, field trips, recreational activities, scholastic materials, and educational seminars for parents and guardians.

~~~

Miscellaneous Info:

* Favorites: dancing, group games, bicycling, walking, running, singing, other ball games, story telling

~~~

Romina left Compassion's program before we ever heard from her. Her father removed her from the project. It was really tough because I was told I couldn't write a final letter and I felt like there was no closure. But I know that God knows where Romina is and that He had me sponsor her for a month so I would continue to pray for her!

~~~

To read the other posts in this series, click here.