Angel wrote his letter in December and shared that while he was looking forward to enjoying vacation, he'd miss his school friends. He also shared that his hope was to receive a toy for Christmas, but that he knows that the best Christmas gift is having the entire family together!
Next we heard from 14-year-old Dinesh of India.
Dinesh shared that his studies are going well and for Christmas, from the project, he received a t-shirt, paint and sandals! And he included another beautiful picture:
Then we received another beautiful letter from 18-year-old Jenny of Indonesia!
Jenny really enjoyed learning Juan's game and asked me to send him her greetings (Juan is my parents' sponsored teen). Jenny said she began college and she's studying Public Administration with social science and politics.
This letter was very thick and came with a packet of photos wrapped in plastic! This was a first! We've received printouts of photos, but never a bunch of photos. I hope you enjoy these as much as Eric and I did:
Jenny
Hunter & Zamson (Jenny's brothers)
Jenny's parents
Jenny's parents wearing the Alor's traditional clothing
At church
More photos of Jenny
Next we heard from 14-year-old Rebecca Diana of Kenya.
Rebecca Diana seemed to really enjoy some of the letters we sent as she shared, "Thank you for the letter you sent to me. I always love the lesson you always share with me. They have been a help and blessing in my life. I did try to pour the water and it was hard to collect the water back into the cup. About it I really liked the story of the polar bear through you. I have learnt a lot about other mammal that I was not aware of." She closed by sharing Psalm 127:3-5 and drawing this:
We also heard from 7-year-old Abel of Peru.
Abel's letter was themed "My Friends" and we learned that he met his friends at school and they like to play together and help each other! Abel also shared that on his school vacation he was going "to the jungle where there are a lot of animals." And he drew this great picture:
Abel also sent a fun "Sponsors Day" card with an extra photo!
Finally, we heard from 13-year-old Cissy of Uganda.
Cissy said she was promoted to the next grade and that she likes to help her mom by washing utensils! She also asked for prayer for the Ugandan elections and that God would bring a good president. And here is her artwork:






